So whats your resting heart rate?

Barker

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are fit you will attain your resting heart rate after about 3 minutes of inactivity assuming sufficient rest after last exertion. So walking to the kettle and standing still for a while should not increase your HR by 4 beats a minute,

If stretch's RHR showed 42 while standing still then I would guess his proper RHR would be more than 4 beats lower

I used to care at one stage about my RHR but now days could not be bothered, not worth the effort to check it every day IMO

Wow.. U guys are so fit!!!!!

Suddenly im curious about mine... But my heart rate belt doesnt work -0-;;;; dont wanna buy it :'(

Wow.. U guys are so fit!!!!!

Suddenly im curious about mine... But my heart rate belt doesnt work -0-;;;; dont wanna buy it :'(

They are hey  :eek:

It has been proven that resting heart rate is not really a good indication of fitness, but let's go with it for now.

They are hey :eek:

It has been proven that resting heart rate is not really a good indication of fitness, but let's go with it for now.

Thank goodness. I was feeling very unfit and unhealthy after seeing all the stats.

Thank goodness. I was feeling very unfit and unhealthy after seeing all the stats.

Mine definitely does not imply that I am fit.  I just have a low HR.  Even when I started cycling and was unfit like crazy my HR was usually 20 beats slower than everyone else and still is.  I call my hart lazy

:P

Ja nee.

It has more to do with hitting max and recovering after that.

VO2Max also gets forgotten, way too often.

Armstrong (yes some will say a bad example) used to operate with a resting heart rate in the low 50's .