Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Latest firmware made it quite stable and i was one of the big complainers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this upgrade mean you dont have to wear it far up the wrist then?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sence. I have just been reading many complaints that the hr does not always read and that you have to wear it far up your wrist for it to work properly.

I've got the 735XT and have only had 2 problems with the wrist HR in 101 activities.

One activity recorded an average HR of 151bpm for 103km, while I was in a car driving/marking a race route. It was used to measure the route and ensure "Km to go" signs were placed in the correct spot.

The second was a very low HR, but that was due to the strap being too loose.

I wear it in the same position I would normally wear a watch.

My suggestion would be to get the HR version as you have the option to pair with/without a strap.

I've got the 735XT and have only had 2 problems with the wrist HR in 101 activities.

One activity recorded an average HR of 151bpm for 103km, while I was in a car driving/marking a race route. It was used to measure the route and ensure "Km to go" signs were placed in the correct spot.

The second was a very low HR, but that was due to the strap being too loose.

I wear it in the same position I would normally wear a watch.

My suggestion would be to get the HR version as you have the option to pair with/without a strap.

I've been looking at getting a Fenix for a while now, but after playing with a 735, I think I prefer the smaller/lighter 735.

Anyone with experience with both? As far as I can tell the only major difference is the altimeter?

I've been looking at getting a Fenix for a while now, but after playing with a 735, I think I prefer the smaller/lighter 735.

Anyone with experience with both? As far as I can tell the only major difference is the altimeter?

Not quite ...

No alt

No quick release

2 hours less battery

No hiking functions

No 3d climbing measured

No wifi

Then there is the premium look of the fenix

Not quite ...

No alt

No quick release

2 hours less battery

No hiking functions

No 3d climbing measured

No wifi

Then there is the premium look of the fenix

Thanx!

I'll need to see which of these functions I'll actually use/miss if I don't have them

Thanx!

I'll need to see which of these functions I'll actually use/miss if I don't have them

Oh and stuff like the tides, fishing and golf app...

Ah okay cool. Then the HR version makes more sence. Thanks!

Unless if you want to mount it on the bar ... ;)

Unless if you want to mount it on the bar ... ;)

Then sommer just get a HR strap also :thumbup:

Edited by AlanD

Anyone having/had a problem with the strap breaking?

Found a few posts on various forums.

Mine is pretty close to coming apart, but outside of warranty now

Anyone having/had a problem with the strap breaking?

Found a few posts on various forums.

Mine is pretty close to coming apart, but outside of warranty now

The little 'crossover thingy' :) that holds the excess strap in place did break and I had to buy a whole new (bloody expensive) strap.

Upon investigation I did however notice some cracks in the old strap itself as well.

I do however wear the watch 24 / 7 and train in some way every day whether it be MTB, Trail Running or hitting the gym or squash courts so can understand that it does take a beating.

So, AlanD, did you get a fenix on black Friday?

Lol, as soon as I saw the Fenix 3 thread pop up, I immediately thought to myself "Mmhh, I wonder if that Bok chap is asking if I got one"...hahaha

So the answer is...Hell yeah...I sure did pull the trigger. Have some buyers remorse but I'm sure when it arrives that feeling will disappear:-). It got posted by the local post office so hopefullyy end of the week but probably early next week.

Lol, as soon as I saw the Fenix 3 thread pop up, I immediately thought to myself "Mmhh, I wonder if that Bok chap is asking if I got one"...hahaha

So the answer is...Hell yeah...I sure did pull the trigger. Have some buyers remorse but I'm sure when it arrives that feeling will disappear:-). It got posted by the local post office so hopefullyy end of the week but probably early next week.

hahaha! Don't worry, once you have it you'll know it was worth it. Now to wait patiently.. Something I'm not very good at! When I buy stuff online I become a little annoying sh*t who keeps bugging the shop/courier service for my goods  :devil: