HELP Dogma Respray Scam

Trailman

Guest notmyname

Only one person to send frames to do class respray and carbon repairs - Cycle Art in JHB

http://www.cycleart.co.za/index.html

Cycledelic are also great.

www.cycledelic.co.za/

wish their website had a gallery full of pictures.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do unto others as you want to be treated. This is sad news. Sorry to hear.

Cheers Gerhard, I agree but unfortunately this is the world we live in.

Thanks for the support.  

Very true statement Gerhard. The problem is when people stop caring and become selfish and self centered.

Trailman, I hope that you get this problem sorted out quickly and efficiently and don't allow this to cause any bitterness to fester in your heart

Thanks Look, in truth I am seriously bitter about being lied to and jerked around. This individual is clearly not someone who even has the integrity to come on here and attempt to defend himself let alone speak to me, so I am hugely disillusioned with this issue. I do not conduct business this way and would not wish this on any of my fellow Hubbers.

Thanks ever so much for your support and keep on watching this space as I know that integrity and truth will win the day. 

True, but if he agreed to pay back. Well.... 

Watched many Judge Judy shows to know who I would favour.

Cheers webcast for the comment

Trailman sorry to read about your trials and tribulations with f**k40 and his Dodgy Dogma.

One thing I've learnt on the hub so far when I see "Pinarello" or '" Dogma" in the classifieds I just go to the next ad. If I do ever plonk for a Dogma. It will be bought direct from ASG or a reputable dealer.

That said, Foil40 may the fleas of a syphilis infested camel inhabit your underpants for 100 years.

Dealers are all necessarily reputable, don't want to hijack the thread but what ever happened to the businessman who bought a 'Chinarello" but was told it was a genuine Pina??

Dealers are all necessarily reputable, don't want to hijack the thread but what ever happened to the businessman who bought a 'Chinarello" but was told it was a genuine Pina??

The Cycle science debacle. Have to be very careful these days.

Hi..Trail.been following this..not cool..have dealt with you in the past..stand up guy you are...but just asking out of curiosity. ....how are you gonna force him to hand over the money...is this a case of fraud ..have you laid a charge. ..he could say he sold it voetstoots. ...it becomes a case of you said I said....or do you have it in writing...the condition of the frame...like I said ..just asking ..not stirring....could happen to any of us.

..all the best dude..

Hi Urban thank you very much for the vote of confidence.

Just a brief background of the facts.This individual stated that he will refund my money not only verbally but also within sms conversations. We arranged via sms on 4 occasions to meet regarding the reimbursement but he only actually made the initial meeting at which he stated that he would pay me at the following meet to which he never pitched. He then postponed these meetings on three further occasions again with no shows on every occasion. Since the 4th appointment I have had absolutely no contact and he refuses to answer my calls or sms's. 

Further to this he made an arrangement with Matt/Admin on here that he would refund my money by last Friday 6th March, he has reneged on this arrangement as well. What is not at issue is the condition of sale as I have sufficient evidence that an agreement was reached to reimburse the funds on admission of the respray. The real issue is that I have been lied to and now am the victim of the ducking and diving of this character.

Thanks very much for your input and concern.

been following this thread for a few reasons, what i dont understand someone throwing their "name" away for such a ridiculous amount of money, my mind simply cannot get around that, yes there are other issues at play here, but if a person is prepared to make their name toti for a bike frame can you imagine how this person conducts himself in life in general.

If i had a chance to steel R20million rand i would still be sitting there going are you high??then again i was just raised differently i suppose

again this in my mind is not a money issue, the seller had many options i think,

if i spent the money from the frame and i did not have the money to repay the gent, i would be upfront and honest about it, ask for some time to get the money together and honour my transaction

i would get/make a loan make a plan 

hell im sure if the hubber came here and explained his situation there are a few hubbers who WOULD HAVE helped, a simple MAN UP AND SAY GUYS I MADE *** PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP

been following this thread for a few reasons, what i dont understand someone throwing their "name" away for such a ridiculous amount of money, my mind simply cannot get around that, yes there are other issues at play here, but if a person is prepared to make their name toti for a bike frame can you imagine how this person conducts himself in life in general.

If i had a chance to steel R20million rand i would still be sitting there going are you high??then again i was just raised differently i suppose

again this in my mind is not a money issue, the seller had many options i think,

if i spent the money from the frame and i did not have the money to repay the gent, i would be upfront and honest about it, ask for some time to get the money together and honour my transaction

hell im sure if the hubber came here and explained his situation there are a few hubbers who WOULD HAVE helped, a simple MAN UP AND SAY GUYS I MADE *** PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP

People like you are in danger of becoming extinct

Jip....this is tough one ...legally to expensive. ...a dark alley somewhere ..some time down the line...????????????

Worst case, take the frame back, have it resprayed by a professional and sell it as a resprayed frame. That should help with the refund if you're struggling with cash

Worst case, take the frame back, have it resprayed by a professional and sell it as a resprayed frame. That should help with the refund if you're struggling with cash

100%%

many many options

THIS IS A CHOICE,,,A CHOICE HE HAS MADE TO DO SOMEONE IN,,,,,SIMPLE

Hi guys, I have been overwhelmed by the support that I have received on this site and feel that I need to say something about that. To all of you who have come on here to provide support for my unfortunate situation you are the mainstay of what keeps The Hub honest and to you all, I am truly grateful.

The fact that this matter will resolve itself in a positive outcome I am no longer concerned about as I now believe that, that is a given. It is really in my and many who have so ardently supported me in this issue, a matter of when, rather than if, the reimbursement will occur that we are now dealing with.  

Without the assistance of the magic of The Hubs existence, it’s majesty and ability for relative self control, we would not have the aptitude of expression, power of capacity for our own representation, or  those that oppose us and that really is our strength.   

I am blown away by the level of backing and encouragement that I have had and continue to receive from everyone who has been so kind as to support me in seeing this initiative though. The complexity of the legal process will follow shortly, something that I have tried to avoid, but no longer have a choice over.

There are just a few individuals that I would like to single out as well as those that are helping behind the scenes that have chosen to do so privately and asked to remain incognito. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

DIPSLICK: To you my gratitude for jumping in without hesitation and putting me in touch with Harryn. This action provided the initial momentum to get this process going.

MATT: To you and The Hub thank you so much for your support in this matter you provide the platform through which we can not only trade, but collaborate and hold to account those that pose a threat to the integrity of our community.

HARRYN: I will forever be in your debt regarding your unwavering commitment to seeing justice done. If there is anyone on The Hub that requires legal assistance, then this should be your 1st port of call. Harryn’s dedication to getting the ultimate result for his client is what separates him from any other lawyer I have ever met. He provides a calm reassurance that no matter what, he will achieve at worst the desired outcome and is dedicated to going way beyond his mandate.

I am fully assured that it is mainly due to Harryn that the reimbursement of the frame and a positive end to this matter will be the result. He has been nicknamed The Beast by a fellow Hubber, a badge that he now wears with pride and I understand why. Harryn you are a massive credit to both the cycling community and The Hub and no praise could truly do justice to your commitment to support our community.

Should anyone at anytime require details for Harryn please do not hesitate to contact me. 

Contact the owner of Wheelworx in Woodstock. After doing some digging I found that he knows this person.

If the location of foil still has not been found then the IP from his last visits could be used to establish a phone number(mobile of landline) and he could be tracked from there.

Archived