2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

I will have to move my arse and may have to go without a stop to refuel. Ouch.

I wanted to do the two lap thing but am seeded in F H so start is at 07:00 so never going to make it back in 1:59...

Edited by Lurch

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my second year and I have been seeded in P , which is over an hour earlier than last year which is rad. Start 7:35 , does anyone know if there will be a reasonable group to get into in P batch? Last years batch didn't really have a group.

My Wife is also in P. So i already checked. last years winner from the P group won in in 2:56 so yes their will be quick ppls.

My first 947 in the elite batch quite nervous tbh

MTB NN 3:36

F 2:45

A 2:35

Elite? don't know but its gonna hurt

My Wife is also in P. So i already checked. last years winner from the P group won in in 2:56 so yes their will be quick ppls.

Dude, you have been training hard, you seem in shape, you will smash it!

Team NSPCA - we are riding for animals. Most of the members that are riding will start in this group. They're not fast/fit enough to race a lap and ride a second one. So my challenge is on to get back in time, and ride with them.

http://www.nspca.co.za/ClientData/10072/Uploads/campaigns_cycle_challenge.jpg

Our club's official fund-raising website (back a buddy - any amount can be donated) or R25 per SMS by texting 947-67 to 38018.

I'm officially registered to start in the charity group - but considering I've been seeded in VC, I'm going to make the most of the opportunity to be somewhat selfish (first) and caring (after).

What time does the charity ride start? I am starting in C so should get back to the start by 9.30 max.

Your wife is faster than me... I'm seeded in Q (happy enough), no chance that I'm starting later in the day with buddies doing their first 94.7.

Only problem is that I will probably do it on my steel 29er with 2x10 gearing (not that friendly for high speed), and possibly noblies (not phased to swap them with slicks this year).

Am I right in saying there is 3 more races to improve your seeding before 15 November?

D2D

Satelite

94.7 MTB

A bunch last year .. then A and B for almost every race before and after that excluding the D Seed late entry at R4V... 

But I got H this year for 94.7  , totally amused ... but i'm going to stay there and hopefully have a great day out there 

A bunch last year .. then A and B for almost every race before and after that excluding the D Seed late entry at R4V...

But I got H this year for 94.7 , totally amused ... but i'm going to stay there and hopefully have a great day out there

I got H too. Rode a 2:43 R4V, so was hoping that would count towards something better. Wonder if a reseed is possible.

I got H too. Rode a 2:43 R4V, so was hoping that would count towards something better. Wonder if a reseed is possible.

Go for it , you way stronger than me ... 

What time does the charity ride start? I am starting in C so should get back to the start by 9.30 max.

Our one starts at 09:07

The start groups allocated to charities are:

DD – 08h43

EE – 08h51

FF – 05h59 (think this is a typo - I copied from email)

GG – 09h07

HH – 09h15

Edited by geraldm24

I got VB. What is your seeding index? I would ask for a reseed if I were you.

Our one starts at 09:07

The start groups allocated to charities are:

DD – 08h43

EE – 08h51

FF – 05h59 (think this is a typo - I copied from email)

GG – 09h07

HH – 09h15

How does me riding in the SPCA group help the animals? Is there a fee or something that I would need to pay? Looking at the charity group start times I probably won't get back in time. I am starting 6.37 so assuming (hoping) that my time will be around 2.50, I will miss the 9.07 time. So a donation?