2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Got some mates in "i" so tempted!

Well then Maybe Sharper, Hayley, Bored_girl and I should ask for a tow rope from you.... :ph34r: :whistling:

Seriously though, this will be my 3rd 947. 1st was in SS, 2nd was in charity group FF and this is my first in a batch that I am hoping will be able to form a nice bunch that is willing to work together because doing the whole event old route and new by yourself sucks big time.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then Maybe Sharper, Hayley, Bored_girl and I should ask for a tow rope from you.... :ph34r: :whistling:

Seriously though, this will be my 3rd 947. 1st was in SS, 2nd was in charity group FF and this is my first in a batch that I am hoping will be able to form a nice bunch that is willing to work together because doing the whole event old route and new by yourself sucks big time.

Excellent, I see a big group developing to be discreetly sucked on! :clap:

spoke to a debbie from 94.7 race office now, she said this years race4victory results was not used when seeding took place, they used last years time, also this years race4victory time will be used next year, however you can reseed yourself by using this years race4victory time but it will cost R150

This instinctively makes sense.

it is what it is I guess.

thanks

This instinctively makes sense.

it is what it is I guess.

thanks

just got a call from them, i gave in my sundays race4victory time and i got moved from start time 9:21 to 7:00, i think its worth the R150 in my case.

just got a call from them, i gave in my sundays race4victory time and i got moved from start time 9:21 to 7:00, i think its worth the R150 in my case.

Hoping to also receive the call and that it will also be favourable for me after submitting my R4V results. Hoping to move up from current G batch to around about C (25 index) but every group I can get to move forward will be a bonus I guess.

For those stressing about the batch they've been put into (i.e. below your expectations), I wouldn't stress too much.

Remember that in a huge field like 94.7 the quality of riders is much, much deeper. 

So a 94.7 'D' or 'E' batch will be like a 'B' batch in a regular local 100 km road race. 

The front guys in 'C' will be in the 2:40's and could hold their own in A's in a local 100 km race.

A 94.7 'B' batch is going to be super fast, make no mistake.

And the 'A' batch will be full of the best of the best young non-pros in the country (+ super fast ballies who smash their local club rides without breaking sweat but don't like racing in the vets). And they're all together in one bunch. So it tends to be much harder than what you experience in a 'normal' A bunch.

Like someone said on this thread earlier, even the first ou's in 'P' batch will break 3hrs.

So whichever group you're in - and you are worried it might be too slow for you - don't worry. Hell, you might even find yourself getting worked over a bit ;).

Edited by tombeej

Use it, don't use it...

More or less correct in my case...

attachicon.gif94.7 seedingindex.png

Ok well I am clearly so rubbish my batch does not even appear on that table

Oh well this is my first race so I can still prove them wrong.........very wrong!

Tombeej

**SNIP**

And the 'A' batch will be full of the best of the best young non-pros in the country (+ super fast ballies who smash their local club rides without breaking sweat but don't like racing in the vets). And they're all together in one bunch. So it tends to be much harder than what you experience in a 'normal' A bunch.

**SNIP**

IE: YOU Tom!!

Edited by ScottC-M

OK, so I've looked up the top 5 finishers last year for A - J batches to give you some idea.

The two lighties in 'G' were 1st and 2nd U23 if I remember correctly (no idea how they ended up in G). 

And from the results, 'C' was actually more powerful group than 'B'.

Edit: I just checked now and see that the winner of the whole thing was U23, and there were a total of 9 U23 riders in the top 20 overall... 

post-22004-0-91458000-1442479206_thumb.jpg

Edited by tombeej

OK, so I've looked up the top 5 finishers last year for A - J batches to give you some idea.

The two lighties in 'G' were 1st and 2nd U23 if I remember correctly (no idea how they ended up in G).

And from the results, 'C' was actually more powerful group than 'B'.

Then I am really in deep k@k!  :eek:

I have to say I'm quite impressed with the organisation of this race so far.

Applied to be reseeded yesterday, received a call this morning. And Ive been reseeded to i group. Better than ii. I rate I should be in E but I`ll take it.

Use it, don't use it...

More or less correct in my case...

attachicon.gif94.7 seedingindex.png

Way off in my case. My PPA seeding index is 20 yet I have an A batch starting time??

Was thinking of dropping back to B batch but this table makes me think C or D is more appropriate