2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

I got H too. Rode a 2:43 R4V, so was hoping that would count towards something better. Wonder if a reseed is possible.

Bud you definitely need a reseed, I got B batch, you should be A

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does me riding in the SPCA group help the animals? Is there a fee or something that I would need to pay? Looking at the charity group start times I probably won't get back in time. I am starting 6.37 so assuming (hoping) that my time will be around 2.50, I will miss the 9.07 time. So a donation?

Edit: joining the charity, you're encouraged to raise R2000 for the charity. You don't have to ride in the charity group to raise funds or donate.

If you only want to donate then read on.

We (Germiston Wheelers) and other cyclists (just over 100) are raising funds through two fundraising methods.

This is specific to my club.

Send 947-67 to 38018 (cost is R25/sms), or your own amount through the back-a-buddy campaign... www.backabuddy.co.za/the-cycle-club-that-cares

We've officially registered to be part of Team NSPCA and there are still spaces left to join, as a reseed. This has to be done by Friday (through the SPCA's marketing team). If you reseed, you can't start in C, but you can drop back to start in GG instead of reseeding.

As a club, we're trying to ride as a group. So I'm fortunate that I have a VC start and the GG start is only at 09:07. Best of both I guess.

Edited by geraldm24

I got VB. What is your seeding index? I would ask for a reseed if I were you.

Waiting for R4V's result to alter my index, then I'll try make a plan. My problem is that I've only ever done 2 road races. Lost City and R4V, (and Clover Tour, which counts for nothing), so not much of a history. MTB/SA Seeding wise I'm good for A batch, pity that has nothing to do with road. Also doing Meals on Wheels this weekend and Shova, so in time I'll get decent seeding automatically.

Seeded AA, did my first road race earlier in the year which didn't go that well, but I will rather start in this batch than some time after 10  :whistling:

Waiting for R4V's result to alter my index, then I'll try make a plan. My problem is that I've only ever done 2 road races. Lost City and R4V, (and Clover Tour, which counts for nothing), so not much of a history. MTB/SA Seeding wise I'm good for A batch, pity that has nothing to do with road. Also doing Meals on Wheels this weekend and Shova, so in time I'll get decent seeding automatically.

If only many others would have such a level headed approach, good on you young man!

What do you do with your chip if you do a second lap and don't have the option of giving it to someone or going back to your car first - asking for a friend  :ph34r:

It's my second year and I have been seeded in P , which is over an hour earlier than last year which is rad. Start 7:35 , does anyone know if there will be a reasonable group to get into in P batch? Last years batch didn't really have a group.

To answer your question there are not many groups in P mostly solo riders doing a "time trial", I have been there before.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

Did the batch sizes / numbering change?

I got A batch and in the past i've been hovering between D and E with times ranging from 2h47 to 2h56 over the last 4 or 5 years...

Not complaining, just seems unlikely that I'd jump 4 bunches and the only thing that I did differently was riding the Jock Tour.  Didn't do so well there position and time wise, think I came in at #53 out of 68 open seeded riders that finished.

In the past A, B and C were each only 150 riders strong and 500 riders from D onwards.  Did that change?

What do you do with your chip if you do a second lap and don't have the option of giving it to someone or going back to your car first - asking for a friend  :ph34r:

I think if you put it in your pocket, it will not be picked up.

I'm in the opposite situation to you: I have good road seeding but non-existent mtb seeding.

So I had to ride the Hill2Hill this past weekend from the back (my first mtb race in years), but took as it was and just had lots of fun all the way through. Like you say, my mtb results will take care of my seeding soon enough.

BTW, you're going to love Amashova. My favourite race of the year :).

If you want to get your road seeding index as low as possible, consider the Emperors Palace Classic and then Tour Durban, both in April. Both are fast races that generally finish with the bunches (mostly) together so your finishing time is generally closer to the winners time compared to hilly races.

Edited by tombeej

easy don't ride over the mats, go on the side or bunny hop them

See you in VC Tom

Still deciding whether I want this or not, Theo. I prefer to enjoy these races, not get clubbed by you okes from the gun.

You got any magic potion you can prescribe me from your veterinarians cupboard...  :whistling: