2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Decisions decisions, Who's wheel to cling onto, Sharper or HayleyEarth......... :ph34r:

We can speak about t&c's...

I'd be keen for a line format!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is down twice, in VC (for me) and GG (for my charity).

Do you need to pay twice as well? I would also like to join for a charity from 9:45 onwards

See you in the pen.

Note sure if I'm too excited about being put in the vets.

Now I've to get all focused and eat only roots & lettuce leaves and walk around in my mirror Oakleys and super tight tops looking all racing snakey as I flex my calves in shop windows to see if the 15 x hill sprints I'll now have to do every morning are working.

Eish, not happy :(

I have to change my mindset. In previous years, the charity groups left at 08:00, so this year it's a bit easier to get back in time for a 09:07 start.

I was going to ride to the start, ride in the charity and ride home. I'm fit enough to do it (180km), but not race it (read: wheel suck) and then do another lap. LSD is easy.

Guess the family won't be thrilled to hear the Hummming trainer 3-4 times a week.

Do you need to pay twice as well? I would also like to join for a charity from 9:45 onwards

Fortunately not.

I have to change my mindset. In previous years, the charity groups left at 08:00, so this year it's a bit easier to get back in time for a 09:07 start.

I was going to ride to the start, ride in the charity and ride home. I'm fit enough to do it (180km), but not race it (read: wheel suck) and then do another lap. LSD is easy.

Guess the family won't be thrilled to hear the Hummming trainer 3-4 times a week.

Ja, a 180km chilled ride is not an issue for me. But I don't think I'll have enough in my legs just to walk back to the car after the vets are done with me at the end of lap 1. Have no idea how you'll be able to do another one after racing the first. Much stronger/tougher than I am.

VC for me, so it gives me enough time to get back for lap 2 with my charity.

So much for sleeping in.

Time to up the ante and do some serious training - 2 months and counting.

Which charity is this for? I'm keen to ride twice too and will happily contribute to the charity too (if it's a worthy cause ;) )

Finally in A batch

2012 -VV

2013 -L

2014 -C

And rode my heart out every year

I will be ready...Feeling stoked:)

Nice, I've gone:

EE - 3h30

B - 2h47

VA - ouch

Nice, I've gone:

EE - 3h30

B - 2h47

VA - ouch

D Batch for me.

Cant complain. Only CC I've ever done was in 2013 (from K batch) and only entered one road race since (R4V in 2014)

At least it looks like they looked at history a bit.

Edit: means I wont be back in time for charity though which would have been good.

I must be the charity batch or worse I've got a 10:16am start time

Oh well I guess that's what you get when you are riding your first race and live in the sticks so riding qualifying races just ain't gonna happen!

Look at it this way .......... Can only get better from here

Which charity is this for? I'm keen to ride twice too and will happily contribute to the charity too (if it's a worthy cause ;) )

Team NSPCA - we are riding for animals. Most of the members that are riding will start in this group. They're not fast/fit enough to race a lap and ride a second one. So my challenge is on to get back in time, and ride with them.

http://www.nspca.co.za/ClientData/10072/Uploads/campaigns_cycle_challenge.jpg

Our club's official fund-raising website (back a buddy - any amount can be donated) or R25 per SMS by texting 947-67 to 38018.

I'm officially registered to start in the charity group - but considering I've been seeded in VC, I'm going to make the most of the opportunity to be somewhat selfish (first) and caring (after).

Ja, a 180km chilled ride is not an issue for me. But I don't think I'll have enough in my legs just to walk back to the car after the vets are done with me at the end of lap 1. Have no idea how you'll be able to do another one after racing the first. Much stronger/tougher than I am.

It's not so bad, from what I can remember. The hardest part is to switch off race mode and remember to stop at the water points to keep hydrated and to eat. Luckily we're riding to Durban next month, so endurance wise I'm sorted. Intensity and core strength needs lots of work.

There's no pressure to have to finish with the top guys - but to finish in time to get to the start. I might take a short cut to Pooks hill via William Nicol so I don't have to fight through the batches to get to the start - join the group from the front of the start line.

It's my second year and I have been seeded in P , which is over an hour earlier than last year which is rad. Start 7:35 , does anyone know if there will be a reasonable group to get into in P batch? Last years batch didn't really have a group.

My year of being slack has now become tangible. I have been demoted from VD to A. I should still be able to get back for the "Hub Midrand SPCA" group. Does anyone know when the group starts?

My year of being slack has now become tangible. I have been demoted from VD to A. I should still be able to get back for the "Hub Midrand SPCA" group. Does anyone know when the group starts?

I'm guessing 08:59 since that is the start time my sister has and she hasn't raced before.

I'm guessing 08:59 since that is the start time my sister has and she hasn't raced before.

I will have to move my arse and may have to go without a stop to refuel. Ouch.

Archived