2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Waiting for R4V's result to alter my index, then I'll try make a plan. My problem is that I've only ever done 2 road races. Lost City and R4V, (and Clover Tour, which counts for nothing), so not much of a history. MTB/SA Seeding wise I'm good for A batch, pity that has nothing to do with road. Also doing Meals on Wheels this weekend and Shova, so in time I'll get decent seeding automatically.

spoke to a debbie from 94.7 race office now, she said this years race4victory results was not used when seeding took place, they used last years time, also this years race4victory time will be used next year, however you can reseed yourself by using this years race4victory time but it will cost R150

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in saying there is 3 more races to improve your seeding before 15 November?

D2D

Satelite

94.7 MTB

Nope, reseeding close on 23 September.

Ok, so my seeding index is now a 12.05.

Is that good enough for VB...?

Just want to make sure I don't spend R150 only to be bumped from H to F or something.

So how does one calculate your index?

the formula is like this: ((time/ winner time) -1/beta)x100

so, using my R4V time; ((2h57.08/ 2h28.40) -1/ beta) x100

according to this I get to 15.7, which seems a bit low, but according to PPA my index is 23.51, which seems a bit high.

there are no penalties

Do my maths suck, or do PPA's.

I used to be good at maths (in school) and did the maths here about 10 times and get to the same answer.

Just want to make sure I don't spend R150 only to be bumped from H to F or something.

It must be below 20 and depending if there is enough space in the group.

Waiting for R4V's result to alter my index, then I'll try make a plan. My problem is that I've only ever done 2 road races. Lost City and R4V, (and Clover Tour, which counts for nothing), so not much of a history. MTB/SA Seeding wise I'm good for A batch, pity that has nothing to do with road. Also doing Meals on Wheels this weekend and Shova, so in time I'll get decent seeding automatically.

Didn't you ride VA at R4V? If you where one of us that got DQ'd you will wait a looooong time for a result. If you didn't get DQ'd then let me know how you managed that because our times where decent for that race.

Didn't you ride VA at R4V? If you where one of us that got DQ'd you will wait a looooong time for a result. If you didn't get DQ'd then let me know how you managed that because our times where decent for that race.

I did, yes. It was also a reseeding at registration. I wasn't in the group that got DQ'd. We were a few minutes behind that bunch. (And no, I wasn't one of the okes who did get DQ'd, but dropped back far enough to get a result).

I would say that if you are not seeded in the A bunch and has done races with the A bunch and finished in the bunch do not go to Vets racing.

My year of being slack has now become tangible. I have been demoted from VD to A. I should still be able to get back for the "Hub Midrand SPCA" group. Does anyone know when the group starts?

Group Q. Starting at 7.40.

Did the batch sizes / numbering change?

I got A batch and in the past i've been hovering between D and E with times ranging from 2h47 to 2h56 over the last 4 or 5 years...

Not complaining, just seems unlikely that I'd jump 4 bunches and the only thing that I did differently was riding the Jock Tour. Didn't do so well there position and time wise, think I came in at #53 out of 68 open seeded riders that finished.

In the past A, B and C were each only 150 riders strong and 500 riders from D onwards. Did that change?

Doing jock helps seeding because the "beta" value is higher. Your seeding has nothing to do with where you came in the group it depends on your time relative to the winners. Races that are deemed to be easy get a beta value that in effect results in a worse seeding than the same result in a hard race. Second each stage of jock produces a seeding, so getting a good result in only one stage is all 5hat is required. Lastly the pros did the jock tour this year which probably means your time relative to the wonner was better than it would have been if they had ridden.

according to this I get to 15.7, which seems a bit low, but according to PPA my index is 23.51, which seems a bit high.

there are no penalties

I used to be good at maths (in school) and did the maths here about 10 times and get to the same answer.

What race has PPA used for your seeding index?

You're comparing the winner's time from R4V (VA) vs another race where the Elites had the fastest time. 

Any race where the Elites ride a different distance, the seeding should be better.

there are no penalties

Are you sure R4V is in the seeding results on PPA?