2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, yes. It was also a reseeding at registration. I wasn't in the group that got DQ'd. We were a few minutes behind that bunch. (And no, I wasn't one of the okes who did get DQ'd, but dropped back far enough to get a result).

Ok cool. Ja then definitely look at a re seeding. Especially with 947 having 5 year gaps there is in theory more space in the vet groups. Good luck.

100% sure

It's there but look at the race weighting used when determining your index.  Sunday's R4V does not count towards your index. It's weighting = 0.

For me anyway.

It's there but look at the race weighting used when determining your index.  Sunday's R4V does not count towards your index. It's weighting = 0.

For me anyway.

the weighting is 100 since it is the only race they use. Do you agree with my maths or did I somewhere made a calculation error?

Jeez but it is difficult to log in for this annual visit to this website. I see it's changed it's name too since I was last here. 

I get the same seeding every year. It's never a surprise. I live in the H-K section of the race. This year I am in "I". What surprises me though is when I ride with male friends, they get the same time as me, none of us does any seeding races and come 947 time they are seeded ahead of me. So even though someone said they only look at last year's result (if you don't do any seeding races) it seems that they do. Or they are very sexist. Seeding wise I am ok, I know I belong in H-K

Scotty, I will look for you on  the way to the pen

the weighting is 100 since it is the only race they use. Do you agree with my maths or did I somewhere made a calculation error?

I would guess it depends on the individual. Over the last 12 months I raced D2D, 947, Emperors and R4V. Interestingly enough PPA only used my D2D result for my index.  So it's weight = 100% towards the index.  But the penalty of 7 was excluded from my index??. 

I think the mistake you are making is that you are multiplying instead of dividing through by beta value.(your formula is also missing a bracket i think)

Step 1: time/winner time - 1 = .1911 in your case

Step 2: divide result by beta (.81) = .235952

Step 3: multiply by 100= 23.5952

In step 2 if you mutiply by beta instead of divide you get a 15.48

Edited by Ryinc

I think the mistake you are making is that you are multiplying instead of dividing through by beta value.(your formula is also missing a bracket i think)

Step 1: time/winner time - 1 = .1911 in your case

Step 2: divide result by beta (.81) = .235952

Step 3: multiply by 100= 23.5952

In step 2 if you mutiply by beta instead of divide you get a 15.48

No, I did divide at step 2.

the difference is in step 1, (2h57/ 2h28) -1= 0.12719

I don't know if my input values are incorrect, I use 257/ 228.

it doesn't matter where you put the decimal, the answer stays the same.

what input values did you use to get to 0.1911?

using the same formula for my wife's index, I get a higher value than PPA.

No, I did divide at step 2.

the difference is in step 1, (2h57/ 2h28) -1= 0.12719

I don't know if my input values are incorrect, I use 257/ 228.

it doesn't matter where you put the decimal, the answer stays the same.

what input values did you use to get to 0.1911?

using the same formula for my wife's index, I get a higher value than PPA.

You need to convert the time into minutes.

Still deciding whether I want this or not, Theo. I prefer to enjoy these races, not get clubbed by you okes from the gun.

You got any magic potion you can prescribe me from your veterinarians cupboard...  :whistling:

Ha, ha. If only I could (would?), I would also be a lot faster......