Epic Insider: Intervals, injuries and the start of my Cape Epic

Matt

It's just another stage race I was telling myself. A few more people, cameras and flashy lights, but nothing fundamentally different from what I have done. But the Cape Epic is not just another race. It has acquired a certain reputation. It has something special and has become a sort of mountain bike acid test. When most non-cyclists hear you ride a bike it's usually followed by an 'oh, have you done the epic' or 'the argus' or both - as if they're on the same playing field.

Click here to view the article

Well said! Are you the boys wearing the Hub Tshirt?

That's most likely us. We'll be out in Food Lovers Market kit tomorrow though.

How was your ride?

I think that was myself shouting you on near the last few twists and turns of the single track near UCT. I got some footage as well of you guys flying past!

Good luck for the rest of the race bud! Looking forward to the rest of the ride reports!

Where can I get Epic cycling Jerseys online missed out on last year's ones.Enjoy your Epic I'm sad that I'm missing out this year but I'll be Back!!!

Nice piece of writing Matt! I too hope to attempt the Epic one day. Fresh legs and air filled tires I wish you for the coming week!