Ad Fail...... hahahaha

MuddyMike

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that and Googled Fox the company - there seems to be 2 separate companies: Fox head - the clothing range and Fox tail - the forks but they both started out out as the same company.

Either way still seems like a fail.

Edited by NixM

Fox Head and Fox Racing Shox are not the same company if thats what you're referring to.

Bob Fox(the shox guy) sold his products through his brother Geoff Fox(clothing and accessories guy). That is how it started, but as it stands today they are 2 different companies.

Edited by l4y3rcake

It's very common in the Fox clothing range ads to see guys on bikes with RS forks/shocks.

Frankly, I don't think they're fussed. They're marketing apparel, not suspension components.

Silly ad but there is no brand failure - OP doesn't know his bike accessory/component brands too well

It doesnt matter if they are two different companies, they are linked by the brand name. What's even worse the tag line says "unmistakable confidence". I for one sure as hell didnt think they were talking about the clothing. Hands up everyone else who knows they are different companies? OK, maybe its not brand fail, but its a damn weak tag line and silly to not to have a Fox fork on the bike......its just my opinion.....

Edited by MuddyMike

I know they're different companies but I would have said "unmistakable confidence" refers more to suspension than shorts and a shirt.

"Unmistakable confidence" relating to clothing makes me think of a lady advert where said lady is wearing white bikini/shorts/jeanpant etc.

Head or tail, it's a bad advert.

I know they're different companies but I would have said "unmistakable confidence" refers more to suspension than shorts and a shirt.

"Unmistakable confidence" relating to clothing makes me think of a lady advert where said lady is wearing white bikini/shorts/jeanpant etc.

Head or tail, it's a bad advert.

Yip, it should read "Be a Spruitie, look the part"

Yip, it should read "Be a Spruitie, look the part"

Exactly!  Looking the part instils confidence of some sort. Have you seen what those guys can do when they put their favourite fox jersey/baggies on?  

Its like the TapOut shirt that ads instant muscle in the East Rand.

Fox apparel = Instant skills = Confidence.