Shaving legs

mike88

I always thought why do cyclists shave their legs. Is it for a few grams weight reduction or safety reasons when falling.

We'll, on Sunday morning i had a little accident which sent me otb and left me with a metal plate in my arm. Before the opp the nurses cleaned my lacerations on the kness and complaind they cant see whats hair and whats gravel. Also the wound dressing did not stay on because of the hair. So would it be a good time for me to start shaving/waxing my legs for future incidents??

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AND it looks MANLY!! like pink shorts!

Good luck with the recovery bud. That metal plate will be a lovely addition when going through security at the airport

Edited by sakkiebomskok

I have only heard one good reason for a man shaving his legs, and that's when doing a multi stage race it helps with massages, so other than that I dont think I will ever do it!

... and if you're a MTBer its much easier to spot a tic on a hairless leg :)

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01895/tick_1895032c.jpg

wrong place to be shaving if you want to spot tics.

Shaving also stops around 2kgs of mud collecting on your legs when you're riding an extremely muddy stage race... My bike wife doesn't laugh at me anymore!!

If you're a hairy guy, where do you stop shaving? That's what I'd like to know.

Stop just under your nose..........smoooooooth!

You guys are talking a load of nonsense. Ticks and massages???

Men are egotistical beings...so simply....after training your butt off, you finally have a pair of ripped legs...of COURSE you shave to show them off.   I mean really....lets just call a spade a spade. :thumbup:

Guest notmyname

Woll bene here. There's no chance I'm shaving them.

You guys are talking a load of nonsense. Ticks and massages???

Men are egotistical beings...so simply....after training your butt off, you finally have a pair of ripped legs...of COURSE you shave to show them off. I mean really....lets just call a spade a spade. :thumbup:

The insight.......the understanding........the wisdom.......only gained through experience......

Nailed it BoB.

... and if you're a MTBer its much easier to spot a tic on a hairless leg :)

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01895/tick_1895032c.jpg

that's just gross!