killed my knee..help!

Remove rocks, wipe off blood. 

Maybe a bit unclear as to what you are looking for.

you should see what I did to my go****mn knee today... bloody and full of rocks...anyone have a magic cure?

Amputation at the hip. :) Chicks dig scars...

Clean it ultra clean - scrubbing brush, shower and soap.

Then disinfect, and dressings if needed.

My Doc told me last time I have two options. Go in and have gravel cleared. Or get a clean cloth and scrub it out (note he did mention this is likely to hurt alot and to disinfect everything). 

Fortunately I went the pansy route and had him look at it. Turns out nicked a vein and bleeding wasn't likely to stop on own anytime soon.

My Doc told me last time I have two options. Go in and have gravel cleared. Or get a clean cloth and scrub it out (note he did mention this is likely to hurt alot and to disinfect everything). 

Fortunately I went the pansy route and had him look at it. Turns out nicked a vein and bleeding wasn't likely to stop on own anytime soon.

A nail brush works a lot better than a cloth - just disinfect one with dettol or some such before use if you have been using it as a nailbush.

Small nicked veins do seal with enough pressure for long enough - 5 - 10 minutes normally does it - checking halfway normally means you have to start again.... if you can't get it to stop leaking in 20 minutes of sustained pressure, visit an ER or your GP for assistance.

If you have a small pulsing arterial leak - then visit the ER after 20 min of pressure - skip the GP.

If you have a big pulsing leak - get someone to take you to an ER immediately - and keep pressure on it until the ER doc looks at it - if it's a major artery, remember - the pressure you need is BIG, and zip ties and belts make good tourniquets.

you should see what I did to my go****mn knee today... bloody and full of rocks...anyone have a magic cure?

Post pics. Or it didn't happen. And listen to V12 Man

A nail brush works a lot better than a cloth - just disinfect one with dettol or some such before use if you have been using it as a nailbush.

Small nicked veins do seal with enough pressure for long enough - 5 - 10 minutes normally does it - checking halfway normally means you have to start again.... if you can't get it to stop leaking in 20 minutes of sustained pressure, visit an ER or your GP for assistance.

If you have a small pulsing arterial leak - then visit the ER after 20 min of pressure - skip the GP.

If you have a big pulsing leak - get someone to take you to an ER immediately - and keep pressure on it until the ER doc looks at it - if it's a major artery, remember - the pressure you need is BIG, and zip ties and belts make good tourniquets.

Downside of running tubeless is that you don't have a nice tourniquet handy inside each wheel.

Doc did ER work at his practice he is a friend so saved me from some expense. Had to cauterize the vien. I neglect to mention the hole in my arm where there used to be skin.

I have a video ;)

Edited by Amberdrake

Doc did ER work at his practice he is a friend so saved me from some expense. Had to cauterize the vien. I neglect to mention the hole in my arm where there used to be skin.

I have a video ;)

I am taking the bait, Amberdrake. Will you post the video for us?

Downside of running tubeless is that you don't have a nice tourniquet handy inside each wheel.

You do in your saddle bag though.....oh gawd..what did he say.. Saddle bag???

Staal druppels...don't know the English name. Clean out the gravel, disinfect and put the staaldruppels on, it wil stop the bleeding, dry the wounds and create scabbing much quicker. I fall a lot and always have steal druppels with me.