Race stickers on bikes

1skinnyman

Guest Travis.

Ek worry nie.

If it's there it's there, if not, so what...

I'm a lazy washer of bikes, so if it's there it means I haven't washed it or didn't care enough to scrape it off. If it bothers you THAT much, take my bike and wash it for me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a gazillion 94.7 and argus bike park stickers on my road bike.  not for the sake of making a statement I can assure you, purely because because those stickers are so damn hard to remove.  I must admit that my roadbike only gets a wash every leap year and maybe 2 services in a decade...

I see ironman stickers were mentioned above.  I don't believe that's a fashion statement either, the remnants of ironman stickers are to be found all over on my seatpost and even my road helmet.  damn glue they use has got to be one of the few man-made things that will outlast the apocalypse

I put insulation tape around my seatpost and then apply the IM stickers over that, easy to remove afterwards..

I put insulation tape around my seatpost and then apply the IM stickers over that, easy to remove afterwards..

Cool idea! ????

ps you doing Dbn?

I wear whatever fits me, if I end up looking like a chop, then so be it. I'm here to enjoy cycling, not look like a cover model.

And I keep stickers and boards, its an achievement and I like to be reminded of it when the riding gets tough.

Cool idea!

ps you doing Dbn?

unfortunately not, Tris on hold at the moment, only time to do one activity at the moment, work, kids.. life etc.. so only cycling at this stage.. will get back into it one day..

You people should find something else to put all your useless energy into. The fact that you care shows how jealous you are.

+2

Flip, what a good idea. Im gonna do that for my next race. I whip the stickers off asap but the IM ones take forever.

Leave it on or remove immidiately when you get home?

Those Epic stickers seem to become one with the paint.

That or the okes that have them gently wipe the dust off from their dirt road ride each and every time.

Boggles my mind.

1 good thing about them is that the bike is worth 60% less with that sticker on

When i get home... i eat a nice Mc donalds meal with Latte, then chill a bit, offload and scrub the bike clean and use a little Turps to remove the sticky stuff easily !

I re-oil only later that night !