Stolen: Giant Reign X 2010 (Cape Town)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 weeks or so. Enough time to get me back into shape, if my knee holds out. 

6 WEEKS ...... nooit man, I would be driven up the wall if I had to wait so long.....please tell me you have another bike to ride in the interim (Knee or no knee issues)

6 WEEKS ...... nooit man, I would be driven up the wall if I had to wait so long.....please tell me you have another bike to ride in the interim (Knee or no knee issues)

I do. Sorta. My roadie. :)

Hitting gym all the time (well, trying to) as a diversion. Besides, 6 weeks goes hellishly fast these days. And that's JUST before the next Dirtoopia Enduro 

I do. Sorta. My roadie. :)

Hitting gym all the time (well, trying to) as a diversion. Besides, 6 weeks goes hellishly fast these days. And that's JUST before the next Dirtoopia Enduro 

Roadie bike and gym ... I nearly lost my lunch now thanks :P

Enjoy the new ride, it looks like a bit of fun.

What size you getting vs the old one you donated to charity?

getting a large. Quite a change in geo - 640mm ETT vs 612, 456mm reach vs 403mm... 65deg HA vs 64.6 (yes, that was the effect my longer fork and -1.5deg angleset had on the head angle's original 67 deg)

Also a lot longer on the wheelbase, yet same length chainstays. 

going to run a shorter stem?

It comes with a 50mm, which is what I had on the X. Maybe ratchet it down to 40 / 35mm but I'll see. 

When I rode my X for longer distances I kept on resting the heel of my hand on the grips, so I feel the 50mm may be absolutely fine. But I'll be fettling around with it to get the proper fit. 

If they ever find any of theses stolen bikes,and insurance was paid out. What happens to them? How does the insurance co recoup some of there money. Cars etc normally goes to an auction,what about bikes?

And the next item on the list is a bicycle....R100 sold....

If they ever find any of theses stolen bikes,and insurance was paid out. What happens to them? How does the insurance co recoup some of there money. Cars etc normally goes to an auction,what about bikes?

And the next item on the list is a bicycle....R100 sold....

Exactly what happens. 

Exactly what happens.

Damn let me know if they find your bike...might even pay R200. It is a 6r after all ????

Damn let me know if they find your bike...might even pay R200. It is a 6r after all

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbhm3bNBNE1qaod63.jpg

Envious.....

Just because you get a new toy. The way you got it is still not cool.

Archived