Stolen: Giant Reign X 2010 (Cape Town)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked and stunned... 

Glad you are OK. The balls to just walk up and push you out the way...

Glad it is insured and that nobody was hurt.

Faaark man.

That's the bit I'm most surprised at. I suppose it makes sense though - at what time are riders most vulnerable to attack? When they're ON their bikes. It takes so little to just push them off. 

****. Where be that beer. 

Sorry if I'm riding this whilst you're still in the shock of all of it Myles but eager to hear more about the MO when you've got the time to consider answering some of these please dude. (As someone who does most of my training on my own, like many of us reading this, a bit of info could go a long way if we had to run into these scumbags ourselves!)

E.G. Were they in the bakkie when they pushed you over, or parked ahead and on foot? Did they just came at you or were they devisive and pretending to cross the road or something similar? Did you know what was happening in the moments that led up to it, or did you get caught completely from left field and only piece it together after it all went down? Whatever else you can think of that would be useful for others to watch out for whilst on their bikes around CT would be super useful please!

The bloody audacity of it..at least you ok,always seems a small upside just after the fact but the bike is replaceable and you got insurance .

Glad you ok dude .

Sorry if I'm riding this whilst you're still in the shock of all of it Myles but eager to hear more about the MO when you've got the time to consider answering some of these please dude. (As someone who does most of my training on my own, like many of us reading this, a bit of info could go a long way if we had to run into these scumbags ourselves!)

E.G. Were they in the bakkie when they pushed you over, or parked ahead and on foot? Did they just came at you or were they devisive and pretending to cross the road or something similar? Did you know what was happening in the moments that led up to it, or did you get caught completely from left field and only piece it together after it all went down? Whatever else you can think of that would be useful for others to watch out for whilst on their bikes around CT would be super useful please!

100%, boet. 

It's a bit clear and yet fuzzy at the moment. Normally the procedure to follow when being "blocked" by a car is to just go around it. But in this case they were just far enough ahead of me that by the time they were out, they were ready for me coming by and by that point there was nothing i could really do. Add that to the fact that I was sorta just concentrating on the bike and how the linkage was performing (AKA bouncing around a bit) and  just wasn't as vigilant as I normally am (Commuting in london taught me to be constantly vigilant no matter what) and I was going really slowly. They just got out and pushed me off the bike - nothing I could do. It also happened so damn fast I didn't know wtf was going on.... 

The bloody audacity of it..at least you ok,always seems a small upside just after the fact but the bike is replaceable and you got insurance .

Glad you ok dude .

yeah, and thanks man... 

Not good Myles - sorry about this bro.

Please get some trauma councelling soon - let me know if you need a reference for someone.

tx man. I remember the techniques that helped me when I got hijacked at gunpoint and taken for a joyride back in '07 (which was a FAR more harrowing and yet character building experience) so I'll be breaking out some of those again. 

Just essentially writing about it - I don't do emotions that well. 

This really sux man. Good luck and I hope you get your bike back or alternatively insurance pays out.

Sum of the earth that can just take another persons possessions and not feel anything about it.

So sorry for your ordeal. That Catholic church is just down the road from me. Well, I happen to be the Pinelands Neighbourhood Watch sector leader for that part of Pinelands and I'll pass the word along of what to look out for should they come back to the area. Hope you find the bike.

Edited by cavok

Nooooooooooo!

Sorry to hear Cap. Glad you are OK.

Best of luck with the search. I hope you find the mofos who took what don't belong to them.

My fist also doesn't belong to you......whats that, you also want it??????BAMBAMBAM!

Fookin jakkalse  :cursing:

So sorry for your ordeal. That Catholic church is just down the road from me. Well, I happen to be the Pinelands Neighbourhood Watch sector leader for that part of Pinelands and I'll pass the word along of what to look out for should they come back to the area. Hope you find the bike.

thanks man

Pinlands have security cameras I think and an active neighbourhood watch. I will share this with a member I know.