Stolen: Giant Reign X 2010 (Cape Town)

Stolen: Giant Reign X 2010
When: 15 May 2015
Where: Cape Town, Western Cape

I was testing out the bike after swapping lower linkages (Pain or shine lent me his after mine broke 2 years ago, and I just got a replacement so I switched them out) and just riding around the Pinelands area after dropping my lightie, when I was stopped by a bakkie. Well, they blocked me, and 2 charlie males got out and just pushed me off the bike, chucked it into the bakkie and sped off.

I just sat there, bemused.

Case number will be this afternoon when I can get to the police station and report it.

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stolen: Giant Reign X 2010

When: 15 May 2015

Where: Cape Town, Western Cape

I was testing out the bike after swapping lower linkages (Pain or shine lent me his after mine broke 2 years ago, and I just got a replacement so I switched them out) and just riding around the Pinelands area after dropping my lightie, when I was stopped by a bakkie. Well, they blocked me, and 2 charlie males got out and just pushed me off the bike, chucked it into the bakkie and sped off.

I just sat there, bemused.

Case number will be this afternoon when I can get to the police station and report it.

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

Nought dude! So sorry to hear! Where in P-lands? This morning?? (Got mates who live in Union) Any info on make and model of the bakkie? (In case these chaps are regulars at this...)

Can't believe how brazen this is!

Edited by Tubehunter

Nought dude! So sorry to hear! Where in P-lands? This morning??

Can't believe how brazen this is!

Yeah. Just near that church with the open parking lot on Union avenue. 

Was testing it out after I'd rebuilt it with the new linkage. Had a bit of time after dropping the gremlin off at school. 

Wasn't wearing my cleats, even though it had those pedals on it. Was in my work shoes. Just a quick push on my shoulder, and bam - on to the side of the road. 

Ahh no sorry bud. That sucks big time but I guess its better your ok and they didn't pull a knife on you and hurt you. I hope they crash and ..............

Yeah. Just near that church with the open parking lot on Union avenue. 

Was testing it out after I'd rebuilt it with the new linkage. Had a bit of time after dropping the gremlin off at school. 

Wasn't wearing my cleats, even though it had those pedals on it. Was in my work shoes. Just a quick push on my shoulder, and bam - on to the side of the road. 

More NOUGHT! I'm in shock with you man!

The SPAR is literally right there with pleny of traffic coming by, so not even a quiet corner of the burbs. Right in front of everyone!

(In case you don't see my edit above - Did you get make, model and colour of bakkie, so that if these chops are regulars at this kind of thing people reading this may be able to anticipate what's coming should they have an interaction with these pr1cks?)

**** dude...NO - glad you ok hey...
Cant offer beer, but i can always... you know what hey

WTF !!! ..  hope you ok bro !!  :thumbup:  :thumbdown:

He's okay just very unimpressed with the whole event.

Come on, lets find this bike! It can't disappear without someone noticing it. Myles, have you done a Facebook post on this yet? We all need to share the nonsense out of that. The bike is unique enough that it can't go unnoticed by the cycling community and these freaks will need to unload it somewhere!

Edited by Tubehunter

More NOUGHT! I'm in shock with you man!

The SPAR is literally right there with pleny of traffic coming by, so not even a quiet corner of the burbs. Right in front of everyone!

(In case you don't see my edit above - Did you get make, model and colour of bakkie, so that if these chops are regulars at this kind of thing people reading this may be able to anticipate what's coming should they have an interaction with these pr1cks?)

no, not the methodist (I know it's a methodist cos my uncle's memorial was there on Wednesday) it's the other one further down Union. Just by that roundabout. 

Edit: It was a Nissan with a canopy. White. No recollection of the plates, though. 

Edited by El Capitan

no, not the methodist (I know it's a methodist cos my uncle's memorial was there on Wednesday) it's the other one further down Union. Just by that roundabout. 

Edit: It was a Nissan with a canopy. White. No recollection of the plates, though. 

There is a Pinelands Facebook page, post this on there please.... All the necessary info...