Stolen: Giant Reign X 2010 (Cape Town)

Yor bra. Just saw this now. So sorry for your loss. Whenever someones bike gets stolen I feel gutted. Especially people who passionately and patiently build their bike up. I suppose its a good thing that you insured. But I really hope you get her back. I shared the facebook post. and I'll keep an eye peeled. I setup a nationwide gumtree email notification incase anyone wants to sell a 'Reign' Good luck

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the assessor there was someone pulled off their high end roadie recently in salt river. He was bigger than I am, so it's definitely a new MO and they don't pay attention to your size or build. Hulle vat net.

According to the assessor there was someone pulled off their high end roadie recently in salt river. He was bigger than I am, so it's definitely a new MO and they don't pay attention to your size or build. Hulle vat net.

They have realized that fighting back is difficult when you hit the floor quickly, and being tangled with a bike adds to the difficulty. Remember they tried the same crap with me in Military road last year.

Eish these guys must be caught and taught a very good lesson

At least one can pray they get hijacked of that very easily dissappearable bakkie

Just got confirmation of the approval of the claim. Shopping begins... No sign of it anywhere - Gum tree, OLX, here, anywhere... 

A nice 29'er HT with a nice 90mm QR fork, carbon stem and narrow carbon bars to save weight paired with super light wheelset rocking lekker fast 1.95" tyres?

A nice 29'er HT with a nice 90mm QR fork, carbon stem and narrow carbon bars to save weight paired with super light wheelset rocking lekker fast 1.95" tyres?

You know me SOOOOO Well...

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_generated/_generated_us/bikes/models/images/800/Reign%20Advanced%2027_5%201%20Green%20(Tire)2.jpg

What about Sakkies XTR kitted Reign 27.5"................

DO IT!!!

Also a mates PYGA Pascoe up for R38K, raceface carbon bars, 1x10, Nukeproof wheelset, etc.....

Pics on the couch when it arrives............

Have you seen my post-count? OFC it's gonna be on the couch... Just like all my bikes were when I initially posted them... 

That front derrailleur though...

meh - comes with it, really. Besides - it's going. Just keeping the taco, if I can. 30t on the front for now (I can't climb for shaite) and the normal 11-36 at the back until the 11sp XT comes out. 

Oh - the mount is going to become home to an upper guide. I've had dropped chains left right & centre on the old reign, with type 2, narrow wide etc. 

You know me SOOOOO Well...

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_generated/_generated_us/bikes/models/images/800/Reign%20Advanced%2027_5%201%20Green%20(Tire)2.jpg

Nice!!

That front derrailleur though...

Keepit keepit, I say, it helps you gently up the hill, no matter what the 1x10 ysters say. :ph34r:

Archived