The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

Well I am now really done tinkering with my team.. it must stay as is and I'll maar close my eyes and hope my boys do me proud[emoji23]

post-22004-0-91718400-1435925679_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a great competition, slick layout, lots of permutations and with prizes!

Thanks Gerald for getting it to this level and to whoever else on the Hub (admin?) and the sponsors have contributed.

FLip, how do you decide sprinters between Griepel, Cavendish, Degenkolp and throw in Sagan for good measure... :wacko:

Going to be some epic sprints finishes.

This is going to add quite a bit of enjoyment to the Tour for me. WELL DONE Gerald.

(Now imagine a competition that requires picking a team that has the cumulative greatest finish time - ie ideally the last 9 on GC. Would have to know your riders to get that right. :))

Geraldm, I have a question - Where the f*^$ did all these hubbers come from?? I remember the good old hub days when there were only 70 entries into this competition

changed my team for the 4th time.... this race needs to start so that can stop thinking about riders, strategies etc!!

This is such a great competition, slick layout, lots of permutations and with prizes!

Thanks Gerald for getting it to this level and to whoever else on the Hub (admin?) and the sponsors have contributed.

Thanks for the feedback! Great to see the interest in this one. It's going to make for a very exciting Tour!

As you say - a huge thanks to Gerald for the many hours of effort he's already put into the 2015 edition.

In terms of other hubbers who've helped out... a huge thanks to Nick who's been liaising with Gerald along the way and furiously updating riders in the last week  :thumbup: 

On the prizes - of course a big thanks our sponsors Omnico, and a special mention to Iwan Kemp who assisted in getting them on board.

Now to finalise my team...  :blink:

This is really cool, thanks Geraldm. Much better than the UDT one we always use between our friends which is very micro-intensive. And the point system is very interesting, I had to go check some of last year's stats to see which type of rider scores well!

I started an informal point scoring for the cape epic. gees i'm glad it didn't take off!

well done to all behind it. I think i've cracked the algorithm to win this thing. i put in peter sagan 9 times.

This is really cool, thanks Geraldm. Much better than the UDT one we always use between our friends which is very micro-intensive. And the point system is very interesting, I had to go check some of last year's stats to see which type of rider scores well!

For next year, there may be a mini-league option. This year is the start of a BIG step up.

Some local feel for tomorrow,s start here in Utrecht .post-26961-0-67422200-1435949954_thumb.jpgpost-26961-0-77123600-1435949975_thumb.jpgpost-26961-0-83228400-1435950008_thumb.jpgWas very hot these last few days in Europe with record high temperatures .34degree celsius in Amsterdam today .The only place inRSA i felt this type of heat was in the Kalahari and Karoo

Edited by Blitzer

Cant decide on my stage 1 winner. Got 5 names, all of them can win.

Should I go with the old guys? Or the young ones?

Cant wait for Le Tour to start.

30,000 on Velogames... this would be a dream the Hub team and I can hopefully one day realise.

our peloton is already 7 times bigger than ever before... #TDF2015TDF.png

post-1372-0-67536300-1435952341_thumb.png

STAGE 01 – ITT

How will you be scoring points today?

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_victoire_etape.png

Stage finish

3 points per rider if your chosen riders cross the finish line and are classified as a finisher. The ITT is rated 6/6, so the daily points are worth 3 for this stage.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_jaune.png

GC Classification

Assuming all 198 riders finish the stage, 19.8 points to the stage winner, and rider in yellow. Everyone else gets points based on their time relative to the winning time.

The formula to calculate the points is as follows:

{(1-(((RiderTime/LeaderTime)-1)*10))*Riders*BETA}, where:

·         RiderTime           Rider’s current overall race time

·         LeaderTime       Current race leader’s overall race time

·         Riders                   number of riders completing the stage

·         BETAYellow            0.1

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_blanc.png

Young Rider Classification

There are 32 young riders, and assuming all finish the stage, 22.4 points to the stage winner, and rider in the white jersey. Everyone else gets points based on their time relative to the winning time.

The formula to calculate the points is as follows:

{(1-(((RiderTime/LeaderTime)-1)*10))*Riders*BETA}, where:

·         RiderTime           Rider’s current overall race time

·         LeaderTime       Current race leader’s overall race time

·         Riders                   number of riders completing the stage

·         BETAYellow            0.7

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_vert.png

Sprinter’s Classification

There doesn’t appear to be an intermediate sprint point on this stage, so no points on offer. There are however points available at the finish line to the 15 fastest times on the day, with points as follows:

20 – 17 – 15 – 13 – 11 – 10 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_a_pois.png

KOM Classification

No points on offer today.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_dossard_combativite-antargaz.png

Most Aggressive

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_dossard_equipes-ragt.png

Team Classification

Points are awarded to the top 4 teams at the end of the stage. Points available are as follows:

7 – 4 – 2 – 1        

Bonus Points

1 point is awarded if one or more of your riders is wearing one of the category jerseys, i.e. Yellow, White or Green, as well as the Best Team. If a rider wins more than one jersey, the less important jersey is worn by the next rider on the standing (this rider does not qualify to score points).

Breakaway

Daily Prize

Everyone that picks the winner of today’s stage will go into the draw to select a winner.

If the winning rider was not selected, we move down the stage classification until we get the first selected rider. Everyone that picks that rider will go into the draw.

The prize for stage is a BELL STAR PRO helmet.

team entered based on the wind direction, avg temperature, and names on a dart board.

balanced my team is NOT!

but hopefully I will win something..hey what is up for grabs for last place (again). :(