Review: Lauf Trail Racer 29

Nick

if you're the carbon hardtail 29er type rider with a flat carbon bar and races marathons its the fork you want to build up a light bike.

half the price of a RS-1 :)

saw one of these on the spruit about 2 weeks ago on a swift carbon hardtail, It  looks super weird tho 

I reckon i might get one,

loved the rigid but was just a tad rough at times.

This will be a good compromise for me i think.

Lock out?

No lock out. Wasn't a concern for me though. There was very little movement when out the saddle and the high spring rate keeps things relatively stiff.

Weight saving of about 600 grams over a normal light weight fork. I'm also not sure a one trick pony is worth R12k

600 grams is a lot if your current bike is already at 9kg. And considering what people would pay for the advantages of the RS1 above the SID (for example)... or the amount people spend on a Single-speed rigid MTB, it becomes less ridiculous.

That said, I won't buy it myself. But just imagine the mean marathon machines pro-teams (or people who have enough money) could create with this...

what makes it so expensive ? No maintenance it should be half the price 

more than likely a time consuming construction process and labour (human labour, not some automated mechanism) is naturally a fair bit more costly........that or they have moerse markups :P

what makes it so expensive ? No maintenance it should be half the price 

No maintenance means it should be double the price...