First batch of Schwalbe Procore shipping, shortages expected

News bot

With the Procore double chamber system mountain bike tires can reach completely new levels of grip, control and puncture protection. In the inner chamber there is high pressure, and with 0.8 bar in the outer chamber the tire almost "sticks” to the ground. Both chambers are filled with air through only one valve.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

directly converts +- R2500 based on current exchange rate.

wonder what the lifespan of the system is...

directly converts +- R2500 based on current exchange rate.

wonder what the lifespan of the system is...

[emoji15] [emoji15]

Same way you do now. Either pour in the tire just before you lever the last bit of bead onto the rim, or use the valve and unscrew the valve stem so that the selector is on the "external chamber" position. 

I am thinking to drill another valve hole in the 29er rim, put 700c road bike tire and tube on 29er. Then put standard tubeless with sealant on top of that on the 29er rim. The MTB tire you pump up first, then the road tube and tire.

Will you be able to run other tyres brands with this system? 

Edit: Never mind. Read the article properly. 

What of tyres with "floppy" sidewalls, where the tyre folds in on itself when running low pressures? Does the inner chamber negate that? 

What will this system weigh?

Another small invention to take away unnecessary stress on the trails. Sahmarai swords, swat concept .... great inventions, id buy it

Looks great....will it perform as advertised? Will have to wait and see!

A bit expensive to "try it".

What happens if you get a nail or lekker long thorn in there, guess it means another bundle of cash gone then?

What happens if you get a nail or lekker long thorn in there, guess it means another bundle of cash gone then?

I'm pretty sure that procore is not being marketed as a puncture proof solution, in which case your question is rather moot, yes?

But to answer your question: you deal with the lekker long thorny issue the same way you would any other puncture. Remember, you can inflate the outer tyre independently of the inner tyre (procore unit). So fix puncture, reinflate, happy days.

Edited by Capricorn

What of tyres with "floppy" sidewalls, where the tyre folds in on itself when running low pressures? Does the inner chamber negate that? 

What will this system weigh?

says 400g additional weight. That is a lot of extra weight to lug up hills.