Ethics in classifieds!?

JTK

I don't think it is the type of advert that annoys people so much as the MO of that particular seller.  Not making a statement about whether it is right or wrong, just saying that is the cause of the annoyance in my understanding.

So if adverts don't annoy you, why filter them?

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if adverts don't annoy you, why filter them?

I don't personally - at least not by dealer. I only filter when looking for something specific.

EDIT: Perhaps I got off on a tangent - you were asking about the annoyance related to type of advert and filtering.  I responded about annoyance in relation to the specific seller mentioned.

Edited by BigTom

There are lots of ads by the dealer in question but I just pass through them and look at the occasional one that catches my eye out of interest and then move on.

It's really not a big deal and can simply pass through them with a few clicks.

the mention of that name makes my blood bubble, boil and toil. cant stand opening the classifieds and find 2 pages of them! and knowing the history, I do not want to buy a bike from them. Although if they gift me a bike, I will take it.

A real question, why does "BikeMarket type" adverts annoy you guys so much?

Slowbee can correct me if I'm wrong, but I really don't think his response is related to the type of advert.  As he mentioned, I think it has more to do with the history.

Hey fellow hubbers...I don't want to be THAT guy but ...!!!

What's the general feeling/rules about ordering from CRC at huge discounts and selling it for a 25% plus markup on the hub.

I hate to see my fellow riders pay so much and I recon these sellers won't honor product warranties that CRC would.

Recon there is a market for getting these items immediately and not having to deal with SAPO and customs etc. But the question is should seller be open and honest about this.

PS: Flame-suite On...

Edited by BlackSnow

Hey fellow hubbers...I don't want to be THAT guy but FFS!!!

What's the general feeling/rules about ordering from CRC at huge discounts and selling it for a 25% plus markup on the hub.

I hate to see my fellow riders pay so much and I recon these sellers won't honor product warranties that CRC would.

Recon there is a market for getting these items immediately and not having to deal with SAPO and customs etc. But the question is should seller be open and honest about this.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, someone obviously spotted an opportunity. 

Nobody is forced to respond to any of the advents. 

Hey fellow hubbers...I don't want to be THAT guy but ...!!!

Why?

Buy something at a below market costs, sell it at a market related cost... its normal business.

Exposing your margin to the Hub? BIG mistake, 1578349t748937643897 millionty experts on here that will tell you why you are not allowed to make that margin.

Just be honest about it being grey if it is.

I suggest you start a thread about it if you are serious and get some feedback. Good luck getting constructive input though.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, someone obviously spotted an opportunity. 

Nobody is forced to respond to any of the advents. 

Agreed, however, the seller should state that it is imported and no local warranty applies.

Point taken. :thumbup:  Guess I am just grumpy that I have to deal with SAPO to save a Randella.

I see the value and the fact that some hubbers actually use the platform to run businesses make sense wrt margin etc.

As you were...

Agreed, however, the seller should state that it is imported and no local warranty applies.

Is the warranty transferable if you are not the original buyer? (assuming its purchased locally from a authorised agent) 

Can I moan at you for moaning about the guys who are having a moan?

Sure why not... everyone seems to want to use the most feeble of excuses to moan... so no need to be different ;)

Edited by shaper