• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who buys second hand cycling shoes?

Sis man that is just sif..............especially if its from a stranger

I'm assuming you are referencing your own sif feet/shoes? ;P

Sis man that is just sif..............especially if its from a stranger

Bought new scott shoes as my S-works were pretty 'sif' ...........HATED the scotts, after 5 rides I couldn't anymore ( they were used but still in pristine condition )

put on bikehub, sold to A gent in Capetown and He was super chuffed , let me know two weeks later he loves them.

I went back to s-works and still using them today.

All ended good.

Edited by BaGearA

Considering the thread topic, is that an ethical question?  :ph34r:

I am ticked. This is not the first time this has happened but this is 3rd time in almost as many days where I buy something and there is confirmation that I am first after which the seller sells it to the next/another person. I can only assume for a better price. This is to my mind totally unethical. Both on the seller and the new buyer's part. Am I just being upset over nothing? 

The general sales/purchases on the site has been great from my perspective but is certainly going down. I buy a fair amount yes. I buy for my greater extended family that does not have the finances most have. I look for a bargain yes. I see the potential use for the individual in need. Of late though it seems to happen more an more often where a sale is not represented as indicated. I have bought a XT wheelset in "great condition" with a shot rear hub and freewheel. Frame in good nick with shot /seized pivot bearings. Forks with shot stanchions that are "perfect". These have mostly been a met with an attitude of "wtf are you on about? You bought it. Your problem... " And of late a host of purchases that "sorry another guy took it" after I confirmed I am taking it..

I have never given anyone a bad seller rating. Taking it on the chin. I am however going to start now. And I urge all to do the same. Maybe it will resolve the general slide and decline of moral values in the classifieds. Rant over.

They do that kind of crap....alot in the UK really not very cool!!!

And just to answer the question, I do.  Guess I'm sif...

Now second hand cycling shorts... 

Ja, shorts is crossing a line that should never be crossed :ph34r:

Ja, shorts is crossing a line that should never be crossed :ph34r:

I actually saw a guy selling a well used pair of cycling shorts on ebay once.  Seller even included pictures of the chamois... I'll leave that up to your imagination  :eek:

I actually saw a guy selling a well used pair of cycling shorts on ebay once.  Seller even included pictures of the chamois... I'll leave that up to your imagination  :eek:

:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

After all the comments, some great............some expected, I find it ironic that people will spend a fortune on bikes but bitch and moan about the upkeep, and are prepared to buy/sell personal second hand kit that I think is potentially unhealthy.

A case of penny wise pound foolishness.......................

After all the comments, some great............some expected, I find it ironic that people will spend a fortune on bikes but bitch and moan about the upkeep, and are prepared to buy/sell personal second hand kit that I think is potentially unhealthy.

A case of penny wise pound foolishness.......................

What I think is absolutely foolish is guys that spend upwards of R50k on a bike, and then don't want to spend more than R200 on a helmet!

I actually saw a guy selling a well used pair of cycling shorts on ebay once. Seller even included pictures of the chamois... I'll leave that up to your imagination :eek:

I have heard that some okes will pay more for underclothes if they are dirty. Lol

I have heard that some okes will pay more for underclothes if they are dirty. Lol

Well, this particular pair would have been one that some okes would have paid more for then.  :ph34r:

I noticed that the classifieds are bombed by "resellers". Spoken to a few oaks and my self experienced these resellers lowballing on offers, then a few days later put these items back on offer with a major markup.

Imo this is harming the classifieds , should resellers not have their own section, and should they not pay bikehub a premium as a reseller?

Thats the way other forums such as carb work.

Im all for free market , but it seems this is creating a disconnect in the community on what items are worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taken from here:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/166860-who-broke-the-classified/

How does Bikehub define a reseller and what rules do they need to abide by?

Do resellers have to pay for the right to use the classifieds?