The Salvage Thread

Eldron

I Bought a Alu Post with very similar design last week (Having Dropper serviced).

It was super cheap post, maybe look at the shops tailoring to the poorer clients. Unfortunately your a bit far or id let you try mine.

I'm making my way through the bike shops, stopping each time I drive past one  :blush:  

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the bike came out with KNC chain but I think they should be compatible.

Looks like you are in luck, I have a piece of shimano cn-hg54 thats not used. I will drop a pm

Before I throw them away...

3x 180mm centrelock rotors

Shimano 9s MTB drivetrain components

- 2 long cage rear derailleurs

- various chainrings (MTB - 4 bolt) (46t / 42 t / 24t / 22t)

- a couple of new 9s chains

4 pairs of no-name brand brake pads for Avid brakes

a 115mm race face fork for a 26" wheel

Hi,

I will take all your 9 speed stuff and all your 26" stuff. We build bikes and donate it to the needy.

I am unfortunately just out of town for the week, but can possibly get it from you during the next week.

Thanks

Going out on a limb here - I broke a part of my seat clamp on my road bike. The distributor has closed down in SA, so I am trying to get a replacement from the UK. I know some seat posts have the same type of clamping mechanism, and hoping I would find one that could possibly fit in the interim....  :huh:

attachicon.gifIMG_1763.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1766.JPG

I have a few posts of different diameter. Unfortunately out of town until Friday. I can have a look for you then.

I am looking for 2 or 3 links of 10 speed chain is someone has any spare from fitting new chain, My new bike's chain broke,I rejoined the chain but Cycle lab does not want to replace/repair chain, he says its normal on a Mountain bike.

Thats Crap Service. New chain should not fail. It is possible but is by no means normal.

Unfortunately I dont have New Chain.

Good News, after a good moan at Cycle lab(head office), they agreed to replace my chain and sort out my shifting problem, thanks for the offers anyway, Good people on thebikehub

• 4 weeks later...

HI all.

I recently bought a bike from a somewhat shady chap. Apon stripping it down, I noticed that a he's left out or just installed any wallop he had lying about.

I'm looking for a straight steerer compression ring and a top dust seal/cover for a threadless headset.

Thanks for viewing.

Neil.

Hi guys 

I am looking for a road bontrager freebody. 9 speed please. 

Also looking for an old road frame. 52/54/56/58.

thanks

Bump for the headset bits.

Would love to help. 

I will be stripping a Scott Genius MC-50 for spares tomorrow (BB housing stripped) and if the part is available it is yours.  Not actually sure of which part it is though, any pics?

Would love to help.

I will be stripping a Scott Genius MC-50 for spares tomorrow (BB housing stripped) and if the part is available it is yours. Not actually sure of which part it is though, any pics?

Hey thanks Sepia. post-101762-0-26967900-1476719297_thumb.jpg

Ok, will strip tomorrow and take some pics. I think I also have a Cane Creek one lying about without the bearings.  Will measure and take pics as well.

Edited by Sepia

Ok, will strip tomorrow and take some pics. I think I also have a Chris King one lying about without the bearings. Will measure and take pics as well.

Awesome!!! Thanks.

Hi all.

Thought this thread will be the best place to ask.

I am looking for any old parts that is broken or you don't want to or can not be used again. I am looking aspecially for frames and rims. I use it to create functional bike art. Not the weird statue thing in the corner that only the artist "understand", but things that is actually usefull. Light and bike racks are just two examples.

I am in Bellville, so I can collect in the greater Cape Town area.

Please note I am not buying anything - therefor I appreciate the broken stuff.

I am NOT fixing any parts to be used again. Most parts will be cut up in some way.

If you have anything let me know. A pic will be nice.

Please be patient when contacting me. I work on building sites - only checking messages in the evening.

Thanks in advance.

Best is to PM me so we can Whatsapp

Hi all.

Thought this thread will be the best place to ask.

I am looking for any old parts that is broken or you don't want to or can not be used again. I am looking aspecially for frames and rims. I use it to create functional bike art. Not the weird statue thing in the corner that only the artist "understand", but things that is actually usefull. Light and bike racks are just two examples.

I am in Bellville, so I can collect in the greater Cape Town area.

Please note I am not buying anything - therefor I appreciate the broken stuff.

I am NOT fixing any parts to be used again. Most parts will be cut up in some way.

If you have anything let me know. A pic will be nice.

Please be patient when contacting me. I work on building sites - only checking messages in the evening.

Thanks in advance.

Best is to PM me so we can Whatsapp

Any PITCHAS of completed projects at all?