2016 Freedom Challenge RASA & RTR Prep

You do know that map and narrative reading counts as training too?

Or make sure Meryl puts you with someone who actually knows where they are going and dont let them out of your sight for 3 weeks.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That too. And make sure you can keep up with them. Beware though, I'm told that Meryl has a wicked sense of humour....

Or make sure Meryl puts you with someone who actually knows where they are going and dont let them out of your sight for 3 weeks.

Then she will surely put you with me !!

Then she will surely put you with me !!

Dirt-rider you didnt get that lost.....but when you did, it was spectacular!!

Dirt-rider you didnt get that lost.....but when you did, it was spectacular!!

It was entertaining to watch though, from the comfort of my warm office with a cup of hot coffee :)

• 2 weeks later...

OKAY! who is sharing their packing list for RASA?  :ph34r: 

Maximum or minimalist pack? 

More bike, less pack or less bike more pack? .....

....if I could go with no backpack....now that would be bliss! BUT we all know, (those in the know), that may be pushing it.......... :nuke:

OKAY! who is sharing their packing list for RASA?  :ph34r:

Maximum or minimalist pack? 

More bike, less pack or less bike more pack? .....

....if I could go with no backpack....now that would be bliss! BUT we all know, (those in the know), that may be pushing it.......... :nuke:

Tourer maximum, racer minimum, going only to Rhodes intermediate. Its about beiing covered for trouble and taking the gamble of a forced withdrawall for some time gain. Train with your bike and backpacks loaded. The put strain on your body and some change your bike handling drastically. Get a comfotable padded pack with many straps and several pockets/ divisions. Think of watertight bags, get some replacements in your boxes especially a dag or two before Mordor.

For list read rider blogs, the organisers give you a list and last years site from the Talbots is very elaborate aswell.

Remember the post office, if weather is lenient and anounces the same for the last week, ship a load of crap out of Willowmore or prince Albert.

And the deadline for the 2L ice cream containers loom to be packed and finalized. I'm still scratching my head on what else to pack. I know it is always said to mix things up a bit....

Better vamp things up a bit!  :eek:

40 days :eek:

off to play in Vuvu valley this weekend :clap:

enjoy that!

let us know how long the grass is.

leave some breadcrumbs, so we can follow....

looking ahead...who are the race snakes?!

batch H got some interesting returnees, none other than 3 time champ Tim James.

otherwise i think it's quite an open race this year

Archived