Favourite Rider in the Peleton?

CyberSakkie

There's quite a few that I like!

Road: Sagan, The Martin's (Tony & Dan), TvG, Berto, Spartacus, Zbar and Talansky. Among the ladies I have great respect for Marianne Vos's achievements, as well as Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio, Anna van der Breggen and Lizzie Armistead.

MTB:

DHI: Men: Greg Minnaar, Mik Hannah, Needles and Peaty.

Ladies: Manon Carpenter, Tracey Hannah, Tahnee Seagrave and Rachel Atherton.

XCO/XCM: Men: Schu, Abz, Jaro, Susi and the late Burry Stander.

Ladies: Jolanda Neff, Emily Batty, Jenny Rissveds, Annika Langvad and Ariane Kleinhans.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's quite a few that I like!

Road: Sagan, The Martin's (Tony & Dan), TvG, Berto, Spartacus, Zbar and Talansky. Among the ladies I have great respect for Marianne Vos's achievements, as well as Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio, Anna van der Breggen and Lizzie Armistead.

MTB:

DHI: Men: Greg Minnaar, Mik Hannah, Needles and Peaty.

Ladies: Manon Carpenter, Tracey Hannah, Tahnee Seagrave and Rachel Atherton.

XCO/XCM: Men: Schu, Abz, Jaro, Susi and the late Burry Stander.

Ladies: Jolanda Neff, Emily Batty, Jenny Rissveds, Annika Langvad and Ariane Kleinhans.

Agree on Emily Hotty !!

Sagan for his bike handling skills, his sense of humor - what's not to like.

After yesterday's stage - seeing Quintana waiting to shake Froome's hand, TJ having to call it a day - those moments to be are the other side of the tour.

Also been enjoying tweets from the riders.

Sagan when asked about coming second saying he's very happy he was aiming for second

Seriously impressed with Daniel Teklehaimanot, really show guts. 

Was not much of a Sagan supporter but found myself rooting for him over his never say die attitude. 

Froome, riding like a real TDF winner. 

Will always be a fain of Daryl Impey. Humble guy. A good role model for my kids.

Then also Contador. No one does what he does in the mountains with such style (albeit not at the moment)

Then there's this other guy who rode a few stages a day ahead a couple of days back... Loved whatching him race, not such a good role model for the kids though... :P

My favourite cyclists were Andy Schleck and now Froome. And Sparticus on his 60km Roubaix sorties ahead of the peloton.

But strangely, lately I think I would be more grumpy if I found out Sagan was actually a total plonker behind closed doors, than if Froomey tested positive. Gotta love a renegade... And his girlfriend isn't a Twit.

Froome :ph34r:

Because of all the crap he has to deal with.. and still manages to focus on the job in hand and winning the TdF

Good point. Favourite of the GC guys.

Sagan is awesome but I have to say Gerraint Thomas has really impressed my this tour, he's just been so consistent and his comeback after the spectacular otb the other day was really gutsy!

But there is one man who will always hold a special place for me

A long story but here goes .........

My really cycling mad/crazy about cycling/ultimate sky fan son who cycles his heart out at races but never emerges victorious was taken by another special person to meet Chris Froome.

Well let me tell you that he is a scholar and a gentleman. After something like a 250km interval training session he made time to meet with my little guy, talk about bikes and riding all the while being amazingly humble and making my boy feel like a champ.

For that Mr Froome you are and will always be a true champion in my books!!!!

Sagan is an insanely skilled rider and becoming such an all rounder. Really enjoying his aggresive ride this year.

But for me Thomas Voeckler is my man, love the chances he takes and his animated facial expressions. He hasnt been too active this year though, think he is getting on a bit..