Sani2C riders banned after reporting flasher

Sidmouth

I'm very certain we are only hearing a small (one-sided) part of a bigger story - no way Farmer Glen would ban someone for simply reporting an incident, pity he refused to comment,

disclaimer...vast speculation to follow....

im guessing the riders insisted that glen open a case...he explains he is aware that there is a problem there and apologises for the incident but explains that they will make sure that next year it does not happen and plans are in place...riders insist and emails go back and forth...riders then threaten to expose the incident or something..he gets the hell in and just bans them

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three old ladies are sitting on a park bench having a chat. A passerby suddenly stops in front of them, opens his coat and exposes himself to the ladies.

Two of them had a stroke on the spot !

The third couldn't reach ... 

um. ja. on the surface i'm with Farmer Glen - just because of his reputation.

here is the story, no longer on it's side.

post-1830-0-46923600-1439813938_thumb.jpg

Pretty serious allegations. 

All that's really known right now is that two female riders approached Haw about a guy on the route brandishing his erect penis and Haw subsequently banned the riders. 

disclaimer...vast speculation to follow....

im guessing the riders insisted that glen open a case...he explains he is aware that there is a problem there and apologises for the incident but explains that they will make sure that next year it does not happen and plans are in place...riders insist and emails go back and forth...riders then threaten to expose the incident or something..he gets the hell in and just bans them

its one thing dealing with beggars on the route, but sexual harassment with the associated risk of sexual assault on the same route is a whole nother ballgame. one clearly is more worth a public rah rah than the other.

its one thing dealing with beggars on the route, but sexual harassment with the associated risk of sexual assault on the same route is a whole nother ballgame. one clearly is more worth a public rah rah than the other.

And banning the riders who report it would keep it a secret?? 

And banning the riders who report it would keep it a secret?? 

you gonna have to ask the farmer guy: won't be the first time someone did something stupid despite the obviousness of it all. You will have a fun time with Bill Clinton.

But I'm just rolling in Stretch's fog.

a few years back I was whacked across the back with a stick by one of the local teenagers along a single track section.. I stopped immediately to "confront" him, but him and his mates ran off into the bushes.. these things happen..

I told Glen about it when we finished, he said its not the first time that people have complained..

But what can he do, I am sure he talks to communities about the issues and asks them to address them, but you will always get the nutcases and childish teenagers that cause trouble..

This story does sound a bit thin though.. must be more to it..

Opening a jacket doesn't reveal a dingle, or that there's nothing on underneath.

No trousers is the clue on that one.

Rubbish story, worse than a Hubber's first post complaining about a bike store.

maybe they are going with the organic direction arrows this year

That really will  be upsetting  :eek: GPS doesn't seem so bad all of a sudden

What was Farmer Glen going to do about this, that they reported it to him.

Were they reporting it just out of concern, or what was it exactly that they were expecting.

The event takes place on private and public land across 260km's, in most rural area's.

Farmer Glen has no control over this. The only " closed " enviroment are the race villages themselves. Outside of that, it is very difficult to control the public. Even on the Tour de France a couple of woman have flashed their boobs at the riders .... 

The safety in numbers aspect of Sani, would make it very diificult to perpertrate any serious crime I would think. There are always others riders around, in my experience anyway. I suspect this is the case with most events, and event organisers rely on the riders looking out for each other.

I'd be interested to hear what the expected Farmer Glen to have done. 

What was Farmer Glen going to do about this, that they reported it to him.

Were they reporting it just out of concern, or what was it exactly that they were expecting.

The event takes place on private and public land across 260km's, in most rural area's.

Farmer Glen has no control over this. The only " closed " enviroment are the race villages themselves. Outside of that, it is very difficult to control the public. Even on the Tour de France a couple of woman have flashed their boobs at the riders .... 

The safety in numbers aspect of Sani, would make it very diificult to perpertrate any serious crime I would think. There are always others riders around, in my experience anyway. I suspect this is the case with most events, and event organisers rely on the riders looking out for each other.

I'd be interested to hear what the expected Farmer Glen to have done. 

Did you miss the news a little while back of a woman that was pulled off a main road in KZN and raped within a couple of metres of the road? 

I did this event with my wife a few years back and was uncomfortable at times with unruly kids next to the trail. I think that there is a general lack of respect for ones' personal space and it is difficult to teach that kind of respect.

yes - there were a number of incidents...my guess he would have already taken it up with the community and maybe even informed the local police station..but you cannot expect him to log a case with the police for every incident - particularly because he was a third party - as I have said...I'm just speculating...but this is my guess as to where there was a squabble between the two parties. He was perhaps a bit naive in not commenting as now he will be forced to comment to explain his side of the story.....

If only I knew this yesterday as I was having at a luncheon at Mckenzie club and might have been able to get some info form the locals

Opening a jacket doesn't reveal a dingle, or that there's nothing on underneath.

No trousers is the clue on that one.

Rubbish story, worse than a Hubber's first post complaining about a bike store.

Maybe to you as a guy but for a lone female that's an issue. It also becomes an issue if that guy takes his fetish to a new level and attacks a female rider or tries to rape. 

Fair play it's got a level of comedy for some here but I'd personally never put that kind of thing on par with a complaint about a bike shop. 

Archived