Sani2C riders banned after reporting flasher

Sidmouth

He flies around in the helicopter to keep an eye on everyone as best as possible.  We went passed him after he had just landed on his way to help an injured rider.

There has to be more to the story.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe to you as a guy but for a lone female that's an issue. It also becomes an issue if that guy takes his fetish to a new level and attacks a female rider or tries to rape. 

Fair play it's got a level of comedy for some here but I'd personally never put that kind of thing on par with a complaint about a bike shop. 

The comment is on the standard of the writing, the subject matter is immaterial, whether it's a crime, a consumer complaint or instructions on how to make a paper aeroplane.

A story badly told, is badly told.

if you are asking about women's safety, its clear that organisers need to address the issue specifically or lose entrants.

My guess is that they wont and they will, respectively.

My view is there is an obligation to address the issue beyond any financial motive, as it affects people's basic freedom.

The journalist's article is sensationalist, but may contain some truths.

And there are two sides to every story.

I'll be watching this story unfold with interest. I have to say I am concerned. 

There is NO WAY that they got banned purely for reporting the incident!! I am so tired of having to pussyfoot around reality to maintain the PC facade. Why must FG explain? Why not the two making a stupid statement like that?

FG needs to step up and tell his side of the story and stop posting snotty social media posts! Safety of cyclists is a concern, especially for woman.  And don't tell me nothing can be done about the local community. If they are so involved and benefit so much then this little issue of kids and flashers can be sorted in a flash! 

When a generator that was there for the benefit of the local community was stolen, the local pastor said to me, "... don't worry, some things you pray about and some things you just handle!"  well, the stolen generator was back in less than 2 hours!

To spew the riot act at riders is unfair when you don't enforce it on the local beneficiaries! 

There is NO WAY that they got banned purely for reporting the incident!! I am so tired of having to pussyfoot around reality to maintain the PC facade. Why must FG explain? Why not the two making a stupid statement like that?

Rigggghttt,,,, silence only leads to speculation,, and gives the villages time to fetch the pitchforks

Rigggghttt,,,, silence only leads to speculation,, and gives the villages time to fetch the pitchforks

True. Point is that everything that happens along more than 200km cannot be controlled by a single entity. If it is for anyone to respond it should be the SAPS (Ha Ha) or the claimants to explain better. I maintain this is not the full story. The one that brings it up must explain the injustice.

Whats it gonna cost the race organisers to hire some security for areas where this happens, which seems to be around small settlements.

Maybe even approach/employ some people of the area and keep anyone in line that needs to get touchy.

a lone women running early in the morning on a stretch of road past the howick rubbish dump is very different scenario to a team based mass participation event

It's not so different if you happen to be at the tail of the field, a couple of minutes behind your team mate. How long do you think it would really take for a man to overpower a tired lady rider and drag her 20 meters into the bush?

Security is a BIG concern, and FG should give it the highest priority.

It's not so different if you happen to be at the tail of the field, a couple of minutes behind your team mate. How long do you think it would really take for a man to overpower a tired lady rider and drag her 20 meters into the bush?

Would be good to hear the whole story. At the end of the day it's a big business race with expensive entry fee and large sponsorship. Safety of all participants should be high up the agenda and expected and not just shrugged at. 

Valid point...rider safety is the most important aspect of a race and i really want to hear the other side of this story...because lots of things just don't add up

A response from FG would be nice at this point. I don't believe he normally has anything but the best intentions, but maybe he just had a bad day.

Archived