ScottCM

On that, one of my favourite people and athletes Sunette Viljoen was awarded the Silver medal for 2011 World Champs, in Doha yesterday. Originally she was given bronze on the day, Spotakova won and a POS doper came second, and as Barry mentioned stole Obergfoll's moment of glory on the podium. What if that was her best ever performance and she never got to strand on a podium, its just the worst. I hate it.

Edit: I know this is javelin and way off thread but it just grates me big time.

Edited by CBlake

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And while we're on the topic of doping, the SAIDS Annual Report: https://www.drugfreesport.org.za/1-584-athletes-tested-during-2018-19-saids-annual-report-published/

16 rugby players caught, including 6 schoolboys

And then Mamorallo Tjoka cheating Dominika Stelmach of a 2Oceans podium, and René Kalmer of a gold.

6 School boys, coaches, parents, school administrators should all be charged for that. Don't say they didn't know or suspect.

6 School boys, coaches, parents, school administrators should all be charged for that. Don't say they didn't know or suspect.

I've made my feelings known about what should happen to schoolboys caught doping

On that, one of my favourite people and athletes Sunette Viljoen was awarded the Silver medal for 2011 World Champs, in Doha yesterday. Originally she was given bronze on the day, Spotakova won and a POS doper came second, and as Barry mentioned stole Obergfoll's moment of glory on the podium. What if that was her best ever performance and she never got to strand on a podium, its just the worst. I hate it.

Not quite the same 8 years later is it!

That's exactly a point I put to Ross Tucker. Cheated runners should be able to take civil litigation against convicted cheats that stole from them.

A doper cheats a countryman out of a place in the squad, a qualifier out of a place in the finals, a finalist out of a medal, a lifetime moment, a victory lap with a flag, reward for her sponsor's faith, airtime in front of her potential sponsors. Those other athletes leave the track with doubt about their ability, their careers, their training, their potential. Some retire from sport thinking that's as far as they can go, some over-train trying to make that impossible ground back, some lose sponsors and have to make tough decisions, others lose out on sponsors that would change their futures.

Screw dopers.

Not quite the same 8 years later is it!

Agreed. Doping should equal jail time as per being caught with recreational drugs do. Now I'm not talking about a cough syrup that has codeine in or something like that but  stuff like steroids and EPO etc that are deliberately taken to cheat, those deserve you to be sent to PAPPA in the big can. .

Sorry, but am |I reading that report correctly... In our country where they play rugby year-round, have a truckload of players to test - they only tested 342 over the entire year?! 

If they just look at most school first teams and the way those "boys" look nowadays... wait, I'd rather shut up before I get shot.

Sorry, but am |I reading that report correctly... In our country where they play rugby year-round, have a truckload of players to test - they only tested 342 over the entire year?!

If they just look at most school first teams and the way those "boys" look nowadays... wait, I'd rather shut up before I get shot.

Couldn't agree with your more

Apparently all sorts of funny things with comrades 2020.. Novice entries and some special medal and more entries

Yet people still think we getting closer to sub 3 due to hard work and special Nike shoes.  :huh:

:ph34r: 

Give them an op and some time to complete the transition and the ladies WR is also waiting to get wrecked...

Bearing in mind that the schoolboys were only tested at Craven Week. They'd come up with way more cases if they did some surprise tests during the pre-season.

so 122 tests were done at craven week with 6 positives- 4,92%

1659 done in total with 47 positives- 2,83%

So 7% of the sample has 12,77% positives with this tests only conducted during a single tournament in a week or so timeframe.

Ja nee- letting your kid play rugby may be worse than letting your kid choose professional cycling hahahaha

One of the Few perks of not immigrating ;)

Ha ha.. Technically I could just pay local fees as I'm still a member of my old club.. But it would be wrong wouldn't it. Also...I guess I've just paid $255 for a Boston entry...so....

so 122 tests were done at craven week with 6 positives- 4,92%

1659 done in total with 47 positives- 2,83%

So 7% of the sample has 12,77% positives with this tests only conducted during a single tournament in a week or so timeframe.

Ja nee- letting your kid play rugby may be worse than letting your kid choose professional cycling hahahaha

There was a scandal (one of many) at glenwood high a few yars back where the headmaster was involved in PED's. i think it's way worse than we even imagine