ScottCM

Since sport became professional, I don't see why doping is not seen as fraud - jail time would really be a game changer.

Any sport where physical performance is important (and pretty much most sports are) - the top guys are doping, because they quite simply can as long as they stick to some reasonable parameters... 

Only cycling has a doping problem of course - that glorious old adage applies...

"if you don't test in your sport, your sport can't have a doping problem"

Those rugby stats are scary - but quite frankly I don't think you have a chance at a professional rugby career if you don't partake in at least a little bit of the naughty stuff... I'm not sure it's too much different in cycling and running. 

Can only feel sorry for the people trying to crack it the clean route

Sad state of affairs

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so 122 tests were done at craven week with 6 positives- 4,92%

1659 done in total with 47 positives- 2,83%

Dave, that's almost what I'm more upset about. 122 out of 342 tests is done in one week. And they only test 220-odd on the pro's during the remaining 51 weeks of the year. In a sport where  :ph34r:  "size does matter"... 

To add to what Andrew said - the fact that they only found 16 is laughable. Personal opinion.

Dave, that's almost what I'm more upset about. 122 out of 342 tests is done in one week. And they only test 220-odd on the pro's during the remaining 51 weeks of the year. In a sport where  :ph34r:  "size does matter"... 

To add to what Andrew said - the fact that they only found 16 is laughable. Personal opinion.

Ya I am trying to hold my real thoughts about that sport to be honest. So I will leave it there...

Is anyone using the Maurten products?

It is ridiculously expensive, so I am wondering if it is worth giving it a try.

I have read a couple of reviews and they all seem positive.

Ya I am trying to hold my real thoughts about that sport to be honest. So I will leave it there...

hahaha bro... Rugby is a disease.

Never used it, lots of endurance athletes and triathletes use Tailwind and seems to have good positive results.

I use it for my marathons and my ironmans where am in endurance/tempo pace and works, but when cycling in races and often in VO2 zones, seems I need more to replace the glycogen

They came on to the scene with the Kipchoge racetrack sub 2 attempt. Their thing was very personalized nutrition. 

They since went more mainstream. I've heard very good things about it. Especially around digestibility - if thats a word...

Never used it, lots of endurance athletes and triathletes use Tailwind and seems to have good positive results.

I use it for my marathons and my ironmans where am in endurance/tempo pace and works, but when cycling in races and often in VO2 zones, seems I need more to replace the glycogen

Thanks, I will give tailwind a try. 

I struggle to eat on long runs and I need to sort out my nutrition before Kaapse Hoop. 

Thanks, I will give tailwind a try. 

I struggle to eat on long runs and I need to sort out my nutrition before Kaapse Hoop. 

Make sure you have enough time to test out ratios. Especially if its hot - an overly 'sugary' drink can really hit your stomach for six.

Make sure you have enough time to test out ratios. Especially if its hot - an overly 'sugary' drink can really hit your stomach for six.

Thanks, yes, I will test it before my marathon. 

I had a terrible "loo" run on Saturday because I tried a new product.

This^^^^.

I perfected throwing up tailwind at 5min/km the other day in the heat, then again I am pretty good at chundering on the best of days

I've tried both maurten and tail wind. I prefer the maurten drink, purely because the taste of tailwind doesn't do it for me after a while and it's warm and meh. That said I still use tailwind on trail runs. More so because I still have it in the cupboard.

I'm not a fan of the maurten gels as I find you have to actually chew them, and I struggle to chew and breath at the same time while running.

So I've been using the Maurten drink and other gels when needed.

Ouch! That Maurten stuff ain't cheap. 

I'd like to keep it simple for an upcoming marathon, something like a date and nut bar, but chewing and running might be an issue.