ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a fun visi training shirt for the Soweto Marathon Expo this weekend... going to be a new experience for us.

Who all is running? Two worries, this heat and then recovering from the Saturday Rugby - win or lose...

post-3544-0-12375300-1572344381_thumb.jpg

Kaapse Hoop for me on Saturday!

Hoping it rains before then.

Enjoy... and yeah, hopefully some rain. It's hot out there!

Hope Soweto are on top of their logistics this year as well... 40 000 people is a lot!

Knowing Andrew, he'll do a couple of runs early Dec to justify the Christmas jollyfications - and follow that up with the taper from there on in. And he'll still be juuuust fine on the day! 

I'm actually amazed at what you guys do when you put your mind to it!

No!

Hopefully YOU will start

I'm very motivated... did not enjoy being on the 'supporting' side last year.

Just fighting my body at the moment. My back is doing much better, largely thanks to Waterpolo and not running, but I'm struggling to stay healthy - looking back I have probably been sick 50% of this year. Something is just not adding up. My doctor is running some blood tests now, so hopefully some clarity heading forward and hopefully the chance to get fit and healthy again...

I'm desperate to say the least  :blush:

Knowing Andrew, he'll do a couple of runs early Dec to justify the Christmas jollyfications - and follow that up with the taper from there on in. And he'll still be juuuust fine on the day! 

I'm actually amazed at what you guys do when you put your mind to it!

That Andrew is 'gone' - buried that fool. 

You will soon be seeing the well prepped, race respecting Andrew... it's the only way out of this mess I have made.

Saw a lot of people walking in those at mile 16 during the marathon on Sunday!

My friend ran in them... Went from a 3:18 to a 2:56

I’m sure the shoes are fast but I wonder how much of that huge gain is down to the placebo effect or just being better prepared.

So Comrades pretty much almost sold out in less than 2 days.

I can just imagine how quickly Two Oceans is going to sell out. Hope their systems are able to handle to traffic. 

I’m sure the shoes are fast but I wonder how much of that huge gain is down to the placebo effect or just being better prepared.

I race in the 4% (yet to walk in them). There is definitely more than a placebo effect, they do push you to a more midsole strike and efficient running. I find am fresher, can hold my form longer and the big plus for me is that I seem to recover quicker post run (marathon distance). I have also set pb's for 10, 21 and 42 since running in them. Previously use to run in Asics.

Will be looking to pick up another pair hopefull in a black friday sale

Edited by shaper

I race in the 4% (yet to walk in them). There is definitely more than a placebo effect, they do push you to a more midsole strike and efficient running. I find am fresher, can hold my form longer and the big plus for me is that I seem to recover quicker post run (marathon distance). I have also set pb's for 10, 21 and 42 since running in them. Previously use to rin in Asics.

My mate also reckons his legs are not nearly as sore

I race in the 4% (yet to walk in them). There is definitely more than a placebo effect, they do push you to a more midsole strike and efficient running. I find am fresher, can hold my form longer and the big plus for me is that I seem to recover quicker post run (marathon distance). I have also set pb's for 10, 21 and 42 since running in them. Previously use to run in Asics.

The benefit for me would definitely be a shorter recovery period. I currently run in the Nike Pegasus and my inner shins take strain even on shorter runs.

The price of the shoe is crazy though, it’s double most top of the range shoes. The Hoka One Carbon X also has similar tech in terms of the carbon plate but it’s a much more reasonable R 3 500.

Edited by GrantMcD1