ScottCM

Due to some unforeseen circumstances I want to sell my comrades entry.

Not sure if it is possible but I will like to give someone else a chance ?

If possible and interested, please send me a pm.

I also have some other entries like Dischem21, Johnson Crane 42km and Tough one as well if interested.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have some other entries like Dischem21, Johnson Crane 42km and Tough one as well if interested.

It very much is possible.. But you have to wait for the substitution date which is sometime in the new year I believe

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend

I guess tapering is starting for the Kaapse Hoop and Soweto people. Anyone else racing this weekend?

Planning a 15km tough climbing route tomorrow... weather not looking so good for tomorrow in Gauteng. Sunday will be a 4-hour ride in the Cradle, hopefully, no rain in the morning.

Sorry to hear that Gemmerkat, life doesn't always go as planned. Hopefully, you will be back in 2019?

Advertise your Tough One entry on the Comrades FB page.

If you advertise early in January I am sure your Johnsons and Dischem entries will be snatched up quickly. For Comrades, you will have to wait until the substitution period opens, I think it is in April.

HA! I would not go as far as saying I’m racing BUT

I’m doing my annual training goal event for 2017 on Sunday....

Luzern half marathon....

peanuts for the Comrades clan but it’s been my motivation for training the last few months.

Feeling good with no niggles, weather will be a bit chilly with temps of 6 - 11 degrees max and hopefully no rain.

A big field of just over 11000 runners for the 3 events, marathon, half marafun and fun run

Luzern half marathon....

peanuts for the Comrades clan but it’s been my motivation for training the last few months.

Feeling good with no niggles, weather will be a bit chilly with temps of 6 - 11 degrees max and hopefully no rain.

A big field of just over 11000 runners for the 3 events, marathon, half marafun and fun run

Whatever race snake... sub 1:40 or we're retracting your Swiss Hubbers Running Club Athletes Association membership  :devil:

Have entered Redhub's triathlon at Cradle Moon on Sunday, Olympic distance with trail run so should be fun. 

Saying that yesterday I felt a small strain in my groin, did a tester run this morning and it's still there. Not debilitating but just awkward enough that you know something is not quite right.

So may lay off the tri and focus on getting 100% for Kaapsehoop. 

I felt a small strain in my groin. 

From personal experience - don't take a groin injury lightly.  If you have pain lifting your leg (e.g. when standing) you have probably overcooked it.  (It cost me approx a year of running due to me 'neglecting' the injury, including a Comrades :( )

(I had to up the core + ex to manage the issue :) )

Edited by Pieter-za

Whatever race snake... sub 1:40 or we're retracting your Swiss Hubbers Running Club Athletes Association membership :devil:

Send the notification so long, no chance I’ll be coming close to 1:40

Dublin city marathon this weekend.... I'm not running though.. Next year for sure.

Ran my first 10 miler since I've been here today.. Which felt good because I've been hit with flu that's come and gone and come back again. Hopefully have it behind me now.

Luzern half marathon....

How did it go?

How did it go?

Good thanks

Main goal Sub 2 was achieved.... was secretly aiming for a 1:50 but missed it by 1 km.... was never really on track to make it. Then I thought I would just make a sub 1:55 but got caught out by a long last km ???? hate that .... but overall quite happy

Weather was cold with some rain between km’s 4 and 10 and some strong wind gusts .... real autumn weather.