ScottCM

I'm in for Kaapschehoop. Having a runny nose, sinus, feels like a cold type of thing since yesterday. Stressing a bit. Don't want to get sick now. But I am dosing myself and believe I will be ok come Saturday.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No marathons for me until next year. Will be doing my 8th consecutive Tough One this year - of which only the first one was on the old route and so far remains my PW for Tough One/32km. We have a church obligation the 26th of November, so we are going to abuse our position as previous members of RAC and do the workers run the 12th of November  :ph34r:

No marathons for me until next year. Will be doing my 8th consecutive Tough One this year - of which only the first one was on the old route and so far remains my PW for Tough One/32km. We have a church obligation the 26th of November, so we are going to abuse our position as previous members of RAC and do the workers run the 12th of November :ph34r:

No marathons for me too. Doing 94.7 and Tough One this year. Down with tonsillitis at the moment, another set of antibiotics... So feeling very sorry for myself at the moment.

Good luck to all of you doing your qualifiers this weekend. Hope it all goes according to plan. We want some race reports on Monday as I am in serious need of motivation!

Edited by Hacc

I'm in for Kaapschehoop. Having a runny nose, sinus, feels like a cold type of thing since yesterday. Stressing a bit. Don't want to get sick now. But I am dosing myself and believe I will be ok come Saturday.

Sterkte. Hopefully and probably nothing serious (like a bit of hay fever or something)..

So, after delaying the entries for two months, it is still the same old same old as previous years with Omtom...

Hey guys. I’m a bit pressed for time so nut runing but walking ~ 10km a day, does that sorta qualify for an eazy run? Or am I just lying to myself?

Hey guys. I’m a bit pressed for time so nut runing but walking ~ 10km a day, does that sorta qualify for an eazy run? Or am I just lying to myself?

It's all time in the legs... but you do have to run. The impact is not as high, so you don't get the right conditioning and of course you don't get the cardio workout. It's better than nothing though for sure  :thumbup:

For the guys on Antibiotics:

Certain types of antibiotics are known to cause tendon ruptures, usually the achilles so consider this as well. I am not 100% sure which antibiotics it is, my doc explained it to me a few years back.

Best to not risk training on antibiotics at all(this is just an added reason not to)

It's all time in the legs... but you do have to run. The impact is not as high, so you don't get the right conditioning and of course you don't get the cardio workout. It's better than nothing though for sure :thumbup:

Yea thats true. I’m taking stairs where possible and walking more than usual just to be on my feet. Going to start runing again tomorrow. Holiday and hitting the ground running at work is not leaving me with much free time atm. 17 days till race day so not all out of time. I want to do 1 or two long runs tho as I had my first run off of a treadmill the otherday and it was quite a challange to do a half marathon. That being said I was also a bit hung over and on an empty stomach so that probably added to the challange. But ja I was suprised at how big of a difference there is between the machine and the road.

For the guys on Antibiotics:

Certain types of antibiotics are known to cause tendon ruptures, usually the achilles so consider this as well. I am not 100% sure which antibiotics it is, my doc explained it to me a few years back.

Best to not risk training on antibiotics at all(this is just an added reason not to)

I took those specific antibiotics last year... the doctors very specifically warn you not to do any exercise though... 

They are seriously horrible though, all your joints and things ache - I will frankly never take them again.

Battling?! That's being kind!  :whistling:

I see the medical questionaire won't open til 12 now... and you can't enter without doing it.

Serious face palm sessions going on here  :lol:

Pieter, how long is this race you're doing in 17 days time? Be careful not to ramp up too quickly, this will cause injury. 

Ja, the momentum on the treadmill does not exist on the road/trail... and there is a definite absence of softness underfoot.

I took those specific antibiotics last year... the doctors very specifically warn you not to do any exercise though... 

They are seriously horrible though, all your joints and things ache - I will frankly never take them again.

I've always avoided antibiotics like the plague. for stories just like these. 

Some stage in the beginning of the year I buckled and took a course - turns out I'm allergic to penicillin!   :nuke: was a rough week..

Ok..my OMTOM half is in the ballot process. Holding thumbs or I might have to be forced to do the Ultra.