ScottCM

Just to add to the Irene run . One section is an out and back to fountains which gave us normal folk an opportunity to see the super humans in action. The leader was probably 1km ahead of the second runner and the guys in the following packs made running looks so easy and comfortable.

Another inspiration is a guy that I see at all the races completing marathons and ultras with only one leg on crutches. I usually only overtake him close the halfway mark

Then there’s the old toppies with the 65 and higher labels on their backs outrunning many fit young men half their age.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add to the Irene run . One section is an out and back to fountains which gave us normal folk an opportunity to see the super humans in action. The leader was probably 1km ahead of the second runner and the guys in the following packs made running looks so easy and comfortable.

Another inspiration is a guy that I see at all the races completing marathons and ultras with only one leg on crutches. I usually only overtake him close the halfway mark

Then there’s the old toppies with the 65 and higher labels on their backs outrunning many fit young men half their age.

this. very inspirational. i saw him just after 20km i think. 

Nope ad's are free, and welcome to the bikehub

Thank you , i introduced myself but it never appeared

I ran 15km(1st after Oceans) yesterday, just for 'fun'. I feel worse now than after OMTOM. Just trying to figure out if it was my start to Comrades 2019. And NO, I'm not looking for ANY encouragement - LOL :-)

Relaxed and ready and thanks for asking :)

Training has gone well, ahead of where I was last year in all disciplines, enjoying the taper and the morning lay in !!

Weather looking perfect for the race, but is a long day, so anything can happen... excited to start racing!!

Ahhh I envy you guys now

But I don’t envy all those hours training in the pool , bike and running

Good luck all

Go for it!!

Edited by SwissVan

Sorry man Jakes... it's frustrating I am sure.

The whole of last week I rolled my ITB, stretched, even got back into my Bio work a bit. OMTOM was a big wake-up call!

I definitely don't get it as badly as I used to (my muscles are probably in better balance after a few years of fixing them), and also knowing how to stretch it out on the go makes a world of difference - I literally plonked my bum on the side of Chappies for 5minutes during OMTOM as it was rapidly heading towards a place of serious pain. I try avoid at all costs it getting to the point where the knee inflames as that pain just doesn't go away quickly.

Has a bio given you strength exercises to counter it at all? (I'm sure we've had this chat though)

Hope you come right soon, it's definitely not rest time unfortunately

Reading your post about ITB (regular discussion on this thread) made me think about this 

Edited by SwissVan

Reading your post about ITB (regular discussion on this thread) made me think about this 

Very interesting view, it kind of makes sense to me. I've seen a similar video before, and even one where they advise against over working the ITB as it then becomes a lot more reactive and can tighten up quicker when under duress. My wife and I funnily enough both have different approaches to ITB... both seem to be working out for us though. She rolls the crap out of her ITB almost every day, does pilates etc

Me, I'm about as flexible as a T-rex and I only work on my ITB with a hand roller and it's as much about relieving any inflammation or tension around the area as anything. The Stretches are what works above all for me to keep the pain away. These two things are all about treating the symptoms though, what really works best is doing my bloody bio/strengthening and core work so that the ITB isn't called into action every time I do a longer run.

I guess like with most things, you have to find what works for you...

Monday i will be making the decision on whether or not I will see you bunch of crazies in 

PMB

A decision you will not regret.   Most probably only a week after the 10th of June, but you won't!

Well done to all that completed Irene. I enjoyed it last year. This year it was too close to Oceans. 

Wow well done Lexx, some excellent mileage last week. 

My next race is Loskop on the 21st, really hoping for a good run. 

Good luck to the Ystermanne this coming weekend! I will be glued to the TV. You are truly inspirational! 

this. very inspirational. i saw him just after 20km i think. 

Also passed him round about the 15km mark - applauded him. The Irene ultra was my first ultra and an eye opener before my first Comrades! The last 6km was tough and limped across the finish in 4H52Mins. Got lots of running in the legs since Jan (+-750km's) but not enough longer runs. Doing the Loskop Ultra in 2 weeks - see how that goes!

How is everyone elses prep going for Big C?