ScottCM

A club friend, who did IM this year, wants to run a marathon, with a running shirt that reads “your sport is my sport’s cool down run”.

And IM is still a crap load easier than Comrades  IMHO :ph34r:

The Training is more Labour Intensive but the day itself is nowhere near as tough...

Edited by Ferret69

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you know the swim and the bike are just to warm up for the run ;)

Works for me  :ph34r:

Or like the American said at EA, "we run marathons to train for EA, you train to run marathons, we run marathons as training for something bigger"

And IM is still a crap load easier than Comrades IMHO :ph34r:

The Training is more Labour Intensive but the day itself is nowhere near as tough...

You reckon?... I've always thought that Ironman would be harder just because of the time required

And IM is still a crap load easier than Comrades IMHO :ph34r:

I've mentioned this before, in my humble opinion and yes I have done both ... On the day Comrades is tougher as there is no rest for the legs at all, you can't 'freewheel' and still move forward and the hammering is on the same muscles the whole way.

Totally agree though that the training for IM is a lot tougher and time consuming!

You reckon?... I've always thought that Ironman would be harder just because of the time required

Personally for me, No doubt whatsoever Comrades is a Harder Day.

I did IM 2012 and 2013 and the Training is Super time Consuming and intensive doing all 3 sports.. Ok I was on a Sub10 program so I was putting in 20-22 Hours per week in peak weeks.. But even for the average person wanting to finish you need 12 hours per week minimum...

The day itself is Awesome, every time you are just about sick of 1 discipline you get to switch over... Don't get me wrong the marathon at the end is Super Tough but its over in 3.30 -5 hours.

Comrades monotony is never ending and the pain is relentless..  however you can run silver on 8hours per week max which is a pleasure... just to finish programs can get away with a lot less...

Again, just my opinion/experience from doing 2 IM races and 5 Comrades...

on that note though I WILL go back one day, I have unfinished business with IM..

Hey guys. Have any of you got any tips for running in extreme heat. I did google it but some personal experiances/advice would be nice. Thanks

Hey guys. Have any of you got any tips for running in extreme heat. I did google it but some personal experiances/advice would be nice. Thanks

Keep your core cool (keep wetting your balls).... And keep hydrated. That's all I know

Keep your core cool (keep wetting your balls).... And keep hydrated. That's all I know

Hahahaha! Noted. Thanks!

Entries for #Comrades2019 to open on Friday, 19 October 2018. Watch this space! @ComradesRace Marketing Manager, @JoeMclazy 'We are pleased to announce the opening date for entries for the 2019 event. More details to follow once we launch the 94th Comrades a week before entry opening.'

Edited by Pieter-za

Entries for #Comrades2019 to open on Friday, 19 October 2018. Watch this space! @ComradesRace Marketing Manager, @JoeMclazy 'We are pleased to announce the opening date for entries for the 2019 event. More details to follow once we launch the 94th Comrades a week before entry opening.'

How quickly do you guys recon the entries will fill up this time around?

How quickly do you guys recon the entries will fill up this time around?

You can always get an entry for comrades. Many many pull out and sell their ticket later