ScottCM

Also really reasonably priced and such a nice part of the world to spend a weekend  :thumbup:

Absolutely. I have had enough convincing already... See you there then next year!  :thumbup:

Edited by Jackes

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new challenge for myself. Been cycling all my life (VA,VB bunch). Started running in Sept with a couple of 2.5km just to get the base going. Was hell. Knees,ankles did not like the running.

I have now started to up the running, doing 3.7km at 6:30avg pace. I want to try and do a 21km in the near future, (end of the year). Will see how it goes. The plan looks great.

Took me 14 weeks to get to run 10Km in 5:30/km, and another 6 weeks to run 15km. Be careful pushing from 0-21 in such a short period of time. I stopped racing in VB last year, so bike fitness/conditioning doesn’t equal run fitness/conditioning.

If you enjoy those runs there are really some epic Berg runs which you can do any weekend for minimal cost.

Cathedral Peak

Cathedral Peak Hotel to Monks Cowl(pm me for the gps route- involves a sneaky kloof and one of the most enjoyable runs have ever done.)

Monks Cowl to or from Injasuthi

Phat Chef to Witsieshoek

Royal natal up Cavern gap across to witsies and then down through royal natal. 

Mnweni marathon route

All of the above are worth running for fun hey, great training weekends or time on the legs with the mrs

If you enjoy those runs there are really some epic Berg runs which you can do any weekend for minimal cost.

Cathedral Peak

Cathedral Peak Hotel to Monks Cowl(pm me for the gps route- involves a sneaky kloof and one of the most enjoyable runs have ever done.)

Phat Chef to Witsieshoek

Mnweni marathon route

All of the above are worth running for fun hey, great training weekends or time on the legs with the mrs

I'm keen to do some berg runs next year. Have run up Giants Pass which was amazing and did Mnweni in May.

How long is the Cathedral Peak Hotel to Monks Cowl run - and elevation? 

I did it from Mikes pass to Monks(mikes is above Cathedral Peak hotel) which was 38km and 1100m, but you can get someone to drop you down the road where you go through the village and up into the kloof and it will cut 10km off the run easily

People are excited!

We need to start a book for the number of entries for resale next year...  :whistling:

People are excited!

We need to start a book for the number of entries for resale next year...  :whistling:

And sold out... there will definitely be plenty subs, but don't be surprised with a record (?) field next year... I'd guess 22 000 or there abouts

Cathedral Peak

Phat Chef to Witsieshoek

Mnweni marathon route

Awesome, thanks... always great to have options. I enjoy the comraderie of a race and it's nice to have the support when you are rookies like us, but definitely keen to give one of these a bash with the wife  :thumbup:

And sold out... there will definitely be plenty subs, but don't be surprised with a record (?) field next year... I'd guess 22 000 or there abouts

Its insane. When I saw there was only 4000 entries left I jumped.

Plenty of runners on the Comrades group complained that the entries didn't even last to payday ????

All aboard the substitution train!

I'll have to wait till the window opens but I hope I'm not going to be getting one from any of you.

I have also not entered, the first time in five years. I must say the last week was very tough for me. 

I am starting a "No, I am not running Comrades" supporters group. We will regularly be meeting at a pub of choice for our meetings if anyone is interested.

The supporters group will also be saving up for an island holiday the weekend of the 9th of June 2019.... with no cell phone reception. I am open for fundraising ideas.

PS. Forgot to mention the topic for our first meeting is: "How to successfully convince your club friends that you are DEFINITELY not running Comrades next year"

Edited by Hacc

I have also not entered, the first time in five years. I must say the last week was very tough for me. 

I am starting a "No, I am not running Comrades" supporters group. We will regularly be meeting at a pub of choice for our meetings if anyone is interested.

The supporters group will also be saving up for an island holiday the weekend of the 9th of June 2019.... with no cell phone reception. I am open for fundraising ideas.

PS. Forgot to mention the topic for our first meeting is: "How to successfully convince your club friends that you are DEFINITELY not running Comrades next year"

https://zugspitz-ultratrail.com/en/

Just travel there 5 days early and claim acclimatization...

For the 28th year in a row I will not be running comrades(apparently am still not a runner)

Come run trail, we don't talk about the big C, maybe KK100 or Skyrun time, or even a Munga...

I'm sitting with a massive dilemma. I've technically qualified for boston... But it's a week before my mates wedding in Sri Lanka...I just can't afford to do both trips....I better buy those Sri Lanka tickets before I get complacent about seeing all my mates!!

I'm sitting with a massive dilemma. I've technically qualified for boston... But it's a week before my mates wedding in Sri Lanka...I just can't afford to do both trips....I better buy those Sri Lanka tickets before I get complacent about seeing all my mates!!

Boston 1

Sri Lanka 0