ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amos, what a guy, what a legend too

Him and Frankie Frederick's, best 'second place' men ever.

Yeah.. He's got no competition really.. Not that he had on that 5km road record either. I think his win is a forgone conclusion and I don't think he has any chance of breaking Bekele's record

I think he's going for it but to knock off 14 seconds off his road record time will be huge. Without too many strong pacers even harder.

I know this is an unreasonable thing to say but the cynic in me doesn't want any records broken mostly due to the um.. opaque.. nature of lockdown.

Agreed. But when I see some of the times some training groups are running I don't think it's unlikely. Look at some of the Bowerman Track club times lately at their own group races.

I was hoping they would be a bit cheaper, especially the speed with is going for 3.5k. In the US the Speeds are $160 which is around R2800 even with our wonderful exchange rate.

Saucony Endorphin Pro around €220 in Europe so about R4500

Endorphin Speed around €175 so about R3600

I was hoping they would be a bit cheaper, especially the speed with is going for 3.5k. In the US the Speeds are $160 which is around R2800 even with our wonderful exchange rate.

Are those US prices inclusive of sales tax? Normally it's only added on at the end

Are those US prices inclusive of sales tax? Normally it's only added on at the end

I must say those endorphin`s look awesome. I see a few good reviews on them thus far. 

I must say those endorphin`s look awesome. I see a few good reviews on them thus far. 

I follow a reviewer on YouTube "The FOD Runner" and he raves about them.

Saucony has always been one of those 'real' running brands in my mind.

I imagine (or hope...) these'll be awesome.

Ran a 27:20 5km this afternoon.

First time going sub30 in like 4 years.

Still loads of work to do and need to shed some lockdown weight.

Enjoying mixing things up now, spent way too much time on the bike in the first 7 months of this year, 10000km already.

I forgot to check if was inclusive of sales tax. It’s good to see they as expensive in Europe as they are in SA, it will make me feel a bit better if I do buy them.

Can't see any being broken. The four main events 200m, 800m, 1500m and 5000m all have long standing records by 4 of the greatest track athletes of all time.

Let's watch that 800m race again.. In my book the track race of all time... Definitely the greatest Olympic racehttps://youtu.be/YKEOjWEzVGs

You spoke too soon. not sure who watched that 5000m but those lap times were unbelievable. Getting faster and faster.

Crazy race by Joshua Cheptegei in the 5000m. 12:35:36.

New World Record!!

Bekele set that record in 2004.

Edited by b-rad

You spoke too soon. not sure who watched that 5000m but those lap times were unbelievable. Getting faster and faster.

Crazy race by Joshua Cheptegei in the 5000m. 12:35:36.

New World Record!!

Bekele set that record in 2014.

I certainly have some words to eat. Unreal performance!

P.S.. Bekele set it in 2004...I know it was just a typo.. But it's a16 yr old record that no one has been even within 5 seconds of since

Also have to give Jakob Ingergritsen a shout for his 1500m pb. Great run from him at 19yrs old

The 5000m summary

https://youtu.be/ZMOFo61NgiI

Edited by Stretch

Both pairs of my Peregrines (different year models) did the same. I know of 3 other people who had the same issue. One of them bought the shoes from a very reputable shop in Cape Town. Their response was that it was caused by a biomechanical issue.  :huh:

My Saucony Xodus Iso2, just when the tear started. It tore on the other side, too, and on both shoes. It tore further to about 4cm. Like I said, I know 3 people who had the same problem. Great shoes otherwise - perhpas they have changed the materials on newer models.