ScottCM

That 5k time is unbelievable, I can barely do sub 20 and then I'm wasted. What got me the most was how good he looked after finishing

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Saucony comments... those Endorphins looks amazing. But since I am getting more and more out of road, there's no way I'm going to pay that for a shoe. Then rather another set of Freedom's.

Peregrines have been my go-to trail shoe since the 5. The only one I was disappointed in ito tearing and holes was the 8. But that had a very funny upper material. And I still have them, and still run short runs in them... and having said they had extra aeration, I got a mild giggle when I saw it's already surpassed 1000k's. Currently on just shy of 400 on Peregrine ISO and absolutely no signs of tearing or anything to complain about. Muddy but feels brand new.

Edit: to add - my tears on the P8 were between the logo and the toe protection. Very thin piece of material that has to fold every step between two hard sections. And yeah, that very funny material-like upper simply did not like that.

Edited by SeaBee

I certainly have some words to eat. Unreal performance!

P.S.. Bekele set it in 2004...I know it was just a typo.. But it's a16 yr old record that no one has been even within 5 seconds of since

Also have to give Jakob Ingergritsen a shout for his 1500m pb. Great run from him at 19yrs old

The 5000m summaryhttps://youtu.be/ZMOFo61NgiI

I got so carried away and added the extra decade . Have edited the post.

My word but that was special!

First Warholm is a freak, I love watching him. the ladies 5000 should be added as the textbook def of 'a kick', that race was great to watch, then then Cheptegei just left me speechless. Has anyone ever looked so calm just knocking out 60s laps, just beautiful.

Another special shout-out to Supersport for cutting the segment short so my recording missed Lyles and what looked like a crazy ladies 1000m

My friend got some new Saucony trail shoes last week. After the first run, she noticed this:

post-154-0-54940000-1597640400_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-55871500-1597640463_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christie

Anyone struggling with severe over pronation that can recommend a road shoe? I have the Addidas solar boost but they quickly showed distortion and wear and barely made it to 700km

Podiatrists made me wear insoles and Physio gave me stability exercises but due to poor natural selection I am somewhat screwed. 1000 miler double lined socks is a helpful aid but not a solution, and not all shoes can accommodate a thicker sock plus insoles.

Saucony ISO peregrine for trail running is a blessing and I can do a 25km run in them without any issues, but as soon as I hit the tar in any other shoe I blister at 12km. So if Saucony trail shoes are heaven sent I suppose the road shoe will be my next experiment? But these experiments are becoming expensive since I have brand new (30km max) Salomons I can't run in and new shoes every 6/7 months for someone who isn't a serious runner this for me is excessive. Rather spend it om my bike!

My word but that was special!

First Warholm is a freak, I love watching him. the ladies 5000 should be added as the textbook def of 'a kick', that race was great to watch, then then Cheptegei just left me speechless. Has anyone ever looked so calm just knocking out 60s laps, just beautiful.

Another special shout-out to Supersport for cutting the segment short so my recording missed Lyles and what looked like a crazy ladies 1000m

Ladies 1000m was insane too... Kipyegon missed the record by something like a second. And Laura Muir in second posted a national record and up and coming Irish athlete Ciara Mageean also posted a national record. In fact the top 8 all had PB's

Edi: Lyles dominated. I also didn't realise he had a beast younger brother too

Edited by Stretch

He ran an average of 2min:31sec/km  :eek: , that's just insane

I noticed this with Kipchoge's sub 2, and at times I swear Cheptegei too was only nose-breathing.

The level of fitness is just stupid.

I noticed this with Kipchoge's sub 2, and at times I swear Cheptegei too was only nose-breathing.

That's insane..

They make it look so easy , Chetegei even had a smile on his face with that last lap

Hey guys, bought a pare of trail running shoes, took them for a 8km run but they are to small. Shop didn't want to exchange them for a bigger size but they also didn't have stock and refereed me to the Sandton store. Does this fall under the CPA or can't you return shoes that have been used once ?  

Hey guys, bought a pare of trail running shoes, took them for a 8km run but they are to small. Shop didn't want to exchange them for a bigger size but they also didn't have stock and refereed me to the Sandton store. Does this fall under the CPA or can't you return shoes that have been used once ?  

No idea, I would just hope you get the 'right' person behind the counter that helps you.

If they've been used outside my guess is no return, but as I said I don't actually know.