ScottCM

In terms of tv coverage it won't be that different to any other big major Marathon race where all one really sees are the leaders anyway. Will be interesting to see how the runners approach this. Will they be inspired to run super hard? Without the hype of the crowds etc what will happen?

Of course there will be the usual appearance fees and bonuses so that plays a role.

I think the lack of crowds will make a big difference. I don't know why the can't have socially distanced crowd support

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality runner

Very....I think we have a record debut time.... Depending on the course ...19.5 times round st James park could be very monotonous

Very....I think we have a record debut time.... Depending on the course ...19.5 times round st James park could be very monotonous

This'll suit the city-dwellers then, they're used to living on track workouts.

The Kenyans and other gazelle-like open plains people will be bored to death.

(comic sans all)

I've done about 200km on my Peregrine's and they are also wearing through on the upper mesh already, hoping they hold out to at least 600.  Fantastic shoe otherwise.

You should try the Terra Kiger's from nike. I have a pair and they are fantastic.

I am not a runner myself, but stumbled upon this documentary movie yesterday. Not sure if it was mentioned here before, but definitely worth a watch. Never heard of the Barkley Marathons, but it seems intriguing. "Where dreams go to die":

I am not a runner myself, but stumbled upon this documentary movie yesterday. Not sure if it was mentioned here before, but definitely worth a watch. Never heard of the Barkley Marathons, but it seems intriguing. "Where dreams go to die":

https://youtu.be/NDZdsqbcGTU

Think there have been a few from SA who have taken part. One chap from the Hilton area was there a couple years ago I think?

Think there have been a few from SA who have taken part. One chap from the Hilton area was there a couple years ago I think?

If it's the same dude I'm thinking of he didn't finish 1 lap.

I'll hold my thoughts...

183 miles done, 53 hours

FKT ended. She's in hospital on oxygen and getting treated for bronchitis. They pulled the plug on the race after worrying about her wheezing - could have been allergy induced, could have been her VERY low oxygen reading, could have been from running three or four hundred miles, who knows.

I haven't seen details of how far she went bit it looks about three quarters of the way on the map.

Sucks. But what a monumental effort.

If it's the same dude I'm thinking of he didn't finish 1 lap.

I'll hold my thoughts...

I believe you are correct....

I've been applying to run/walk/crawl that for 7 years.... I kind of stay fit every year just in case!

Here is an interesting one- seems they will make the call come month end. I am holding thumbs but we will have to wait and see...

Batch starts from a start bubble, no pacers, masks on at various places. Limited spectators. This will be an epic suffer fest of head down and run.
117633510_2594824594161601_7048361626810

117325077_2594824644161596_7084066486786

I still want to see the likes of Chris Forne and Stuart Lynch run that race...

Or that Kiwi dude who races/raced for Swedish armed forces.

I also think that a lot of really good racers have missed out due to the absolute lottery nature of how to enter.

On the KK100, it will basically be like a whole lot of endurance races in europe! No crowds, self supported aid stations, no one but competitors allowed on the course ie no pacers.... It's a change from KK, but a change into a 'traditional' race.

It will be fun

Edited by Jewbacca