ScottCM

By rabbit... Do you mean a nice shapely backside in front of you....

No that would be a bunny

Parkruns have no shortage of rabbits to chase for as PB

well done DB

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can then go and get swimmers ear together at heaving dunes afterwards!

When I'm back on it for sure. I've missed those holes down the dune. I need to get a new wetsuit first. I have a Quicksilver Cell which is like 12 years old.

But carbon wheels first. Riding is still #1

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Peg37s are massively durable, no question - Ive put lots of miles in the Peg32,33,34 and 35. I get 700 to 1000km, and the uppers still look almost new ons some.

Ive decided to change to a 3 shoe rotation since, but have not settled on a particular brand. I do hill intervals and trackwork every week, I go through +/- 3 pairs a year.

I am trying a pair of Saucony Kinvaras, they are holding up well. (Note: they have a 4mm drop, careful when converting). Saucony trail shoes feel fantastic, but the uppers tear like wet paper. durability.

Ive also put 500km on a pair of Hoka Cliftons. I loved them, but I got the impression the soles firmed up a bit after 250km or so, giving me less joy. The upper is holding up well.

Ive also done a lot of hard trail kms on a pair of Brooks trail shoes, which impress me still.

On my wish list: still want to try NB Feul Cell Propel for weekend miles, and the NB Beacon V2 for easy days.

I have the Nike Pegasus 36, and a little bit disappointed. I only have about 597km on them, and the rubber on the heels are totally worn out. Previous Pegasus lasted about 900-1000km. 

When I'm back on it for sure. I've missed those holes down the dune. I need to get a new wetsuit first. I have a Quicksilver Cell which is like 12 years old.

But carbon wheels first. Riding is still #1

wetsuit warehouse kalk bay main road got some good deals currently.

but if you are actually riding a roadbike you probably would have seen that already

Asics Gel DS Trainer 

Tried the SL 20's and they were to narrow on the arch, Pegasus 37 to narrow around the mid foot/toes and felt like the back was slipping so I guess the last option is the Gel DS Trainers 25. See there is a special on superbalist so might try them although not sure if it is a stability or neutral shoes ? 

Tomorrow evening.. The 800m and 1500m after going to epic

https://monaco.diamondleague.com/en/programme-resultats-monaco-en/

Track&Field Athletics is one of the most obvious sports in my mind to be able to continue without fuss in the current environment. Don't know why it took so long, but glad to have it back.

Really really want to see Wayde out on the track at some point, hopefully he is back to some decent form.

That kid is something special

Yup... And I'm interested to see what brazier can do in the 800m with hopefully some stiff competition from Ritoch. Don't think anyone can break radusha's record

Yup... And I'm interested to see what brazier can do in the 800m with hopefully some stiff competition from Ritoch. Don't think anyone can break radusha's record

I hope not. Rudisha is a class act, love him

I know this is an unreasonable thing to say but the cynic in me doesn't want any records broken mostly due to the um.. opaque.. nature of lockdown.

And the 5000m. Joshua Cheptegei broke the road 5k record by 27 seconds this year in 12min51. Let's see how he goes on the track.

Yeah.. He's got no competition really.. Not that he had on that 5km road record either. I think his win is a forgone conclusion and I don't think he has any chance of breaking Bekele's record

I know this is an unreasonable thing to say but the cynic in me doesn't want any records broken mostly due to the um.. opaque.. nature of lockdown.

Can't see any being broken. The four main events 200m, 800m, 1500m and 5000m all have long standing records by 4 of the greatest track athletes of all time.

Let's watch that 800m race again.. In my book the track race of all time... Definitely the greatest Olympic race

https://youtu.be/YKEOjWEzVGs