ScottCM

Tried the SL 20's and they were to narrow on the arch, Pegasus 37 to narrow around the mid foot/toes and felt like the back was slipping so I guess the last option is the Gel DS Trainers 25. See there is a special on superbalist so might try them although not sure if it is a stability or neutral shoes ? 

Asics classify them as stability.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and they will FLY off the shelves!

I've seen pics online of people custom colouring their Vaporflys, I imagine that'll cost and arm and a leg too. 

Have only read articles where athletes have blacked them out to run in rather than in their sponsored shoes.

Asics classify them as stability.

Yip I saw it was a stability/neutral. Will test them out this evening they feel very light  

Hey guys, bought a pare of trail running shoes, took them for a 8km run but they are to small. Shop didn't want to exchange them for a bigger size but they also didn't have stock and refereed me to the Sandton store. Does this fall under the CPA or can't you return shoes that have been used once ?  

Doubt they will exchange it, but give it a try.

If they were too small, you shouldnt have ran 8km with them. I mean from the first few steps you should be able to tell.

Now what does the shop do with a used shoe ?

Sell it to someone else after a good clean... I'm sure you wouldnt want to be that person getting a used shoe as new.

And I think most if not all shops say that items must be unused/new condition to qualify for a return/exchange.

Doubt they will exchange it, but give it a try.

If they were too small, you shouldnt have ran 8km with them. I mean from the first few steps you should be able to tell.

Now what does the shop do with a used shoe ?

Sell it to someone else after a good clean... I'm sure you wouldnt want to be that person getting a used shoe as new.

And I think most if not all shops say that items must be unused/new condition to qualify for a return/exchange.

I get your point but only noticed after a couple of km's... Can always try thinner socks as it is only on the small toes. I know some shops sell unboxed / products that have been used once or twice maybe I can get a partial credit at least 

If the runner who "ran" into my car on Furrow Road Equestria this morning can please contact me... I want to give you a moerse klap and a head lamp, and take you to the SAPS to open a case against you for damage to my car...

How on this earth do you think someone must see you at 05H50 in the morning in pitch black darkness, with no street lights and you "running" on the wrong side of the road?

And with dark colors on as well?  So please contact me.  I have a Petzl light I can give you because you seem to poor to have basic common sense!.

Please guys... You are not visible at all!  Look like a darn Christmas tree when you go out.  At least everyone can see you then!  Think of the basics that we were taught in primary school.  

If the runner who "ran" into my car on Furrow Road Equestria this morning can please contact me... I want to give you a moerse klap and a head lamp, and take you to the SAPS to open a case against you for damage to my car...

How on this earth do you think someone must see you at 05H50 in the morning in pitch black darkness, with no street lights and you "running" on the wrong side of the road?

And with dark colors on as well? So please contact me. I have a Petzl light I can give you because you seem to poor to have basic common sense!.

Please guys... You are not visible at all! Look like a darn Christmas tree when you go out. At least everyone can see you then! Think of the basics that we were taught in primary school.

Sadly it’s not just limited to runners but cyclists and walkers as well. The thought of stepping into a pothole or even worse, an open manhole means I run with a headlamp even if it’s needed for just for twenty minutes.

What’s mind boggling to me though is when I’m out on my run and I see a cyclist come past kitted out to the nines with no lights front or back. Yet the commuter behind him had somehow managed to scrape together enough bucks for the MrPrice Sport cheapy.

Even worse the runners running with their backs to traffic in a group wearing dark clothing. Or the guys when you insist on talking the outside path thus forcing you to step into traffic with your back to it. If only common sense was common [emoji30].

Hectic. I can't run in the dark without lights.

I was zip tying my bike light to a hydration pack but now I run with a gopro chesty and the light on that. It works a treat.

But you can get a cheapie headlamp for next to nothing.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

There is a time and a place for running in the dark without lights, but on a road is not the time or place.

Sometimes those nights of running in the mountains or on trail if you turn headlamps off you can actually see better by the moonlight and it is 20x better than running with a headlamp. You have more field of view than just the headlamp area. But ya those nights are few and far between sadly, and need to be far from cities.

I'm a nike fan but those aren't the most visually appealing shoes around. 

I've seen a lot of those high end Nike's floating around the woolies in my area. Buying Pre made meals for junior is hard work and you need the shoes to match.

I've seen a lot of those high end Nike's floating around the woolies in my area. Buying Pre made meals for junior is hard work and you need the shoes to match.

Earning those steps for vitality is hard work....