ScottCM

27 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

new most bonkers race came across my radar.

tankwa crossing 200km+ footrace.

run from calvinia to ceres on the R355, well known as the kakkest* longest^ stretch of road in the country

bring your own backup vehicle and people

give us R10k.

starts this weekend

http://www.tankwacrossing.co.za/#event-info

*debatable, plenty of entries

^100% true

This is one of my team mates first training runs in preparation for ARWC end of year. 

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dave303e said:

This is one of my team mates first training runs in preparation for ARWC end of year. 

that's how I heard about it.

She doesn't do training she just does her normal stuff, and this is her normal stuff!

7 hours ago, Shebeen said:

new most bonkers race came across my radar.

tankwa crossing 200km+ footrace.

run from calvinia to ceres on the R355, well known as the kakkest* longest^ stretch of road in the country

bring your own backup vehicle and people

give us R10k.

starts this weekend

http://www.tankwacrossing.co.za/#event-info

*debatable, plenty of entries

^100% true

Perhaps they offer lots of hand built singletrak 🤷‍♂️

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know which retailers in Gauteng (preferably towards Centurion) stock the Reebok Nano shoe range?

Thank you in advance.

So decided to get Asics GT 2000 - 10  which were on sale. Only had two runs but they have a noticeably softer ride than my Asics Gel DS Trainers

Edited by Prince

7 minutes ago, Prince said:

So decided to get Asics GT 2000 - 10  which were on sale. Only had two runs but they have a noticeably softer ride than my Asics Gel DS Trainers

GT 2000 is my go to shoe.  Where are they on special please?

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.adidas.co.za/GY6113.html

Some shoe feedback. Last year I bought a pair of the Adidas Terex 240 speed shoes on a bit of a whim. They were relatively cheap, very light and just looking at them they looked like they would work really well for the running I do in the area. I bought them for faster sessions and speedwork because all my running is dirt or dirt road I do need light trail shoes.

Fit wise - very similar to salomon, good for narrow feet, great for higher arches.

Durability - for light shoes not really meant to be used for longer runs. I have just clocked 1200km on them and they are in great shape. Tread is not torn up or worn out. Upper is immaculate. I am really impressed with the quality.

Performance- they have been a dream to run in. I did take them through marathon distance 4 times, once in a big mountain run and the rest just training runs on dirt roads in the area. I did do a few adventure races in them. They handle water and swims. They handle off trail bush whacking fine. Beach sand they are lovely because they are light and they drain well. Heavy rocky terrain I would not try run more than 30-40km in them. Your feet will tire a bit.

My 2c, for general trail use, parkruns and offroad faster runs. These are a great shoe. i highly recommend them. I have just ordered another pair. I will keep longer runs(30+km) in pegasus trail shoes or slab ultras. But for shorter stuff and faster stuff these are brilliant in my opinion. Lovely to have a nice different brand putting in effort in trail shoes again.

11 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

1200 kms for a pair of shoes. Damn. That’s brilliant. I rarely get more than 600 Kay’s these days. The shoes look fine but the stuffing is knackered. 

It is an interesting one. I had the first alert at 800km, then every 100km since then I have re-evaluated them to decide whether or not to retire the shoes. But they seem too good to retire. Even at 1200km I am hesitant to replace them. But at 1800 for a new pair it is not too bad. But again these shoes have only been used on trail and dirt road. We have a lot of that softer soil and sand/corrugations so it may be that. I am not at my lightest though...

1 hour ago, dave303e said:

Some shoe feedback. Last year I bought a pair of the Adidas Terex 240 speed shoes on a bit of a whim. They were relatively cheap, very light and just looking at them they looked like they would work really well for the running I do in the area. I bought them for faster sessions and speedwork because all my running is dirt or dirt road I do need light trail shoes.

Fit wise - very similar to salomon, good for narrow feet, great for higher arches.

Durability - for light shoes not really meant to be used for longer runs. I have just clocked 1200km on them and they are in great shape. Tread is not torn up or worn out. Upper is immaculate. I am really impressed with the quality.

Performance- they have been a dream to run in. I did take them through marathon distance 4 times, once in a big mountain run and the rest just training runs on dirt roads in the area. I did do a few adventure races in them. They handle water and swims. They handle off trail bush whacking fine. Beach sand they are lovely because they are light and they drain well. Heavy rocky terrain I would not try run more than 30-40km in them. Your feet will tire a bit.

My 2c, for general trail use, parkruns and offroad faster runs. These are a great shoe. i highly recommend them. I have just ordered another pair. I will keep longer runs(30+km) in pegasus trail shoes or slab ultras. But for shorter stuff and faster stuff these are brilliant in my opinion. Lovely to have a nice different brand putting in effort in trail shoes again.

Thank you for the review. Looks like a great shoe and I am in the market for a shoe to do light off road running.

If only available in a wide model. Is it very narrow?

It has been probably close to 20 years since I last ran in Adidas. Did not have joy from the one pair Salomon`s, to narrow.

As reference run in Hoka Clifton wide and NB 1080 wide.

Is the sizing on par with other shoes?

30 minutes ago, dave303e said:

It is an interesting one. I had the first alert at 800km, then every 100km since then I have re-evaluated them to decide whether or not to retire the shoes. But they seem too good to retire. Even at 1200km I am hesitant to replace them. But at 1800 for a new pair it is not too bad. But again these shoes have only been used on trail and dirt road. We have a lot of that softer soil and sand/corrugations so it may be that. I am not at my lightest though...

Only shoes I have managed 1000 kms is ASICS Metarun. They still felt ok at 1000 but they looked well used. Currently use Kayano which rarely get me 600. They look fine but when I run can feel they toast. Use them for walking and tennis etc so not a total write offs. My lad uses them too for basketball etc once I have racked up around 600. Just bought a new pair of Kayano 29 as I could not find previous versions in my size. Bout 150 quid. Hellishly expensive. I normally buy previous versions for around 100 but none available this time round. 

in my interest to find a pair of support shoes that last. Weight around 90 to 95 depending on beer consumption 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Hi
Anybody had Meniscus problems and how did they overcome it??
Currently struggling to walk..

2 hours ago, dave303e said:

This is very encouraging to read.

I've been an Asics man for a while but didn't like the durability of their trail offerings.

I'm a sucker for specials and got 2 successive pairs of trubacos for under R1k at the access park outlet and can confirm that the tread just don't last (for me at least).

so two weeks ago i got a pair of these for R1700 https://www.tradeinn.com/runnerinn/en/adidas-terrex-ax3-trail-running-shoes/137385240/p with a basic tyre kick and phonesearch

So far have done limited running in them but seem to work for me. Since they are not on the ZA website i assume they are out of range stock so might go and get a 2nd pair

2 hours ago, DJuice said:

Thank you for the review. Looks like a great shoe and I am in the market for a shoe to do light off road running.

It has been probably close to 20 years since I last ran in Adidas. Did not have joy from the one pair Salomon`s, to narrow.

I find that most Adidas are narrow, but not ridiculously narrow. If you can find a half size that may be a better option if you have a slightly wider foot.

2 hours ago, DJuice said:

sizing is a little small. But they are definitely better for narrower feet. Very much like the salomon fit.