ScottCM

On 12/11/2023 at 9:11 AM, pmswanepoel said:

Does anyone know where one might view the results for the 947/Tough One double?

The best would be to contact RAC: randathletic@iafrica.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy new year all.

What are your running goals for the year?

How many are do Comrades, Oceans, UTCT, etc?

I am taking a year off AR, so I am going to have a crack at comrades and a marathon. 

I have never run a road marathon or road ultra, but he distance is well well within what I have run before on trail. The challenge will be the pace

It has been fun working on the pace and the threshold pace so far. I am hoping to run dolphin coast marathon in March as a qualifier. Coach is excited as this is really his focus area.

I have been on gardening leave for around 3 months now, half of which was used at ARWC and recovering from that. Otherwise I have been working like a builder/ farm laborer and actually did a fair amount of paddling last year so I have about 4kg of upper body muscle to try waste away by March.

It will be an interesting year, something a little less crazy and a little more focused than usual.

My goal this year is to run a 50 mile trail run in May and qualify for comrades 2025 in October/ November. Had hopes of comrades this year but alas the best laid plans of mice and wannabe runners. 

43 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

My goal this year is to run a 50 mile trail run in May and qualify for comrades 2025 in October/ November. Had hopes of comrades this year but alas the best laid plans of mice and wannabe runners. 

Which Ultra do you have in mind?

I wanna train for Comrades, stay injury free by doing all the right things in order to run a silver. Then I wanna go back home after being successful in achieving my goal and I never wanna hear about this craziness ever again 😂

17 hours ago, tjommies3 said:

I wanna train for Comrades, stay injury free by doing all the right things in order to run a silver. Then I wanna go back home after being successful in achieving my goal and I never wanna hear about this craziness ever again 😂

Fair notice ... it is addictive .... 😉

22 hours ago, tjommies3 said:

Silver is not playing around ! That's impressive !

Hey Guys, looking for some trail running shoe recommendations, I currently have the Solomon Sense Ride 3 which have been decent but no real benchmark to compare to.

Here is my road running shoes rotation:

Asics Magic Speed 3 

Asics Nimbus 24

Nike Pegasus 38 

Been looking around and found the following on special so open to any recommendations:

Solomon Sense Ride 5

Hoka Speedgoat 5

Nike Pegasus Trail 4

Asics Fuji lite 4

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Zama7 said:

Hey Guys, looking for some trail running shoe recommendations, I currently have the Solomon Sense Ride 3 which have been decent but no real benchmark to compare to.

Asics Magic Speed 3 

Asics Nimbus 24

Nike Pegasus 38 

Been looking around and found the following on special so open to any recommendations:

Solomon Sense Ride 5

Hoka Speedgoat 5

Nike Pegasus Trail 4

Asics Fuji lite 4

Thanks 

Look at Brooks Cascadia and Saucony Peregrine as well

13 minutes ago, Zama7 said:

Asics Magic Speed 3 

Asics Nimbus 24

Nike Pegasus 38 

Solomon Sense Ride 5

Hoka Speedgoat 5

Nike Pegasus Trail 4

Asics Fuji lite 4

Thanks 

The Speedgoat will work well if you plant front of foot first and like to perform tactical maneuvers on technical terrain, especially uphill - it has a narrow toe box that will be good for negotiating obstacles like loose rocks quickly. An alternative to this if you step heel first is the Asics Trabuco, which is the upgrade on the Fuji Lite. It has a wider toe box and will protect you more from front impact. The type of terrain, distance and your running style are good factors to use to determine which trail shoe will work.

26 minutes ago, Jackes said:

Look at Brooks Cascadia and Saucony Peregrine as well

I've used both. Went the Saucony Peregrine route. Find them very durable, comfortable and most importantly the grip gives me confidence in them when on technical stuff.

1 hour ago, JayDL said:

The Speedgoat will work well if you plant front of foot first and like to perform tactical maneuvers on technical terrain, especially uphill - it has a narrow toe box that will be good for negotiating obstacles like loose rocks quickly. An alternative to this if you step heel first is the Asics Trabuco, which is the upgrade on the Fuji Lite. It has a wider toe box and will protect you more from front impact. The type of terrain, distance and your running style are good factors to use to determine which trail shoe will work.

Ahh thanks yeah running techincal and non technical and anything from 5km to 40-50km (although only once a year). have been trying to land on my front foot to improve speed on the road but its a slow process so still a heel striker. Asics Trabuco seems to have great reviews will go try on a pair as I see they are alos on sale.

Thanks