ScottCM

Cheptegai is definitely a once in a lifetime athlete. Come the Olympics, outside of having a bad day, he'll make no farah look like a high school track wannabee

As for Bekele.. And that article... To understand what Cheptegai has just done this year.. Let this sink in from that article

Quick Take: Thank you, Kenenisa Bekele

Kenenisa Bekele no longer holds any major outdoor world records (he still holds the indoor 5000 at 12:49.60 and indoor 2000 at 4:49.99) but his reign atop the outdoor 5,000 and 10,000 world record board was DEFINITELY the longest in history. He held both records for more than 16 years each. He was the simultaneous record holder of both the 5,000 and 10,000 for 5,911 days or 16 years, 2 months and 6 days.

What an absolute legend!

Probably the only guy who could challenge Kipchoge if both peak at the Olympics next year 

We saw on Sunday that Kipchoge needs to blow away the opposition in the last 10 to 15km...Olympics are a much slower race traditionally...I think there will be a few more holding their hands up. I reckon a handful of about 5 or 6..but as it stands at the moment..those two are definitely 1 and 2

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moab 240 starts just now. I don't see Bennie Roux unfortunately, but do see David Goggins whom I expect to rip this one up after last years shambles. No Mike McKnight either which is pretty weird as he's become a perennial fixture at 200 milers - but I know he was pretty busy at his incredible FKT..

23 and a half hours, goggins and another chap have covered 110 miles. 10 miles ahead of third place. Pretty good pace knowing theyre not half way yet.

23 and a half hours, goggins and another chap have covered 110 miles. 10 miles ahead of third place. Pretty good pace knowing theyre not half way yet.

It is... I think last year the winner of the 100 miler was 20 hours plus change but like 3rd was around 23 hours....

Sjoe. I wonder what the race strategy is re sleep or time off the feet. That will slow things down on the 2nd night

It is... I think last year the winner of the 100 miler was 20 hours plus change but like 3rd was around 23 hours....

Sjoe. I wonder what the race strategy is re sleep or time off the feet. That will slow things down on the 2nd night

I imagine it'll be difficult to race your own strategy rather than the guy next to you.

The sleep demons will be rubbing their hands together

I imagine it'll be difficult to race your own strategy rather than the guy next to you.

The sleep demons will be rubbing their hands together

Big time... I hope they don't push each other on and on and on and on and then get overhauled 20km from the line by guys who slept and aren't full Simple Jack

48 hours 200 miles up for Michele Graglia. Goggins 10 miles behind, third place a further 20 miles back.

The leader is almost 100 miles ahead of last place.

48 hours 200 miles up for Michele Graglia. Goggins 10 miles behind, third place a further 20 miles back.

The leader is almost 100 miles ahead of last place.

Holy FK!

I was going to post on here that I'd run my first 12km on Saturday but I'll shut up now.

Holy FK!

I was going to post on here that I'd run my first 12km on Saturday but I'll shut up now.

You're ok, most of the world probably can't run 12kms. Its nice now you have a better appreciation on how superhuman the worlds best are in a new discipline.

On that, Graglia finished first, 61 hours, Goggins second 2 hours after. Clock on 66 hours now. Third place is 17 miles from home. First lady in 7th overall about to tick over 200.

Goggins started knocking out pushups after finishing shouting seal stuff about logs, carrying the boat, and obviously... stay hard. He's quite unique.

You're ok, most of the world probably can't run 12kms. Its nice now you have a better appreciation on how superhuman the worlds best are in a new discipline.

On that, Graglia finished first, 61 hours, Goggins second 2 hours after. Clock on 66 hours now. Third place is 17 miles from home. First lady in 7th overall about to tick over 200.

Goggins started knocking out pushups after finishing shouting seal stuff about logs, carrying the boat, and obviously... stay hard. He's quite unique.

Goggins is pretty amazing if you can see past the 'hoora!' stuff.

I'm quite a fan in my own way. 

After following this I am really looking forward to tackling SA's very own 230 miler in 2021!!! Get in there fellas!

Absolutely!

Goggins is a madman. I do enjoy the fact that he's not some poser twerp like Dan Balls-erian and lives his mottos.

Do something that sucks every day!

Goggins is pretty amazing if you can see past the 'hoora!' stuff.

I'm quite a fan in my own way. 

After following this I am really looking forward to tackling SA's very own 230 miler in 2021!!! Get in there fellas!

You must be absolutely chomping at the bit.

I hate that I enjoy following these races, it gets the mind thinking about things that I have utterly no place being! hahaha

You must be absolutely chomping at the bit.

I hate that I enjoy following these races, it gets the mind thinking about things that I have utterly no place being! hahaha

hahaha none of us have any place on the start line of something like this... until you find yourself there questioning your decisions!

I am chomping hard. I have to be so careful not to get over eager and burn out my enthusiasm and my body. I started getting way too involved about a month ago so am on a forced go slow until November.

Amazing how invested one gets in something so trivial!

Amazing how invested one gets in something so trivial!

My other half called me obsessed for the 2nd time in our relationship yesterday. The first time was when I was obsessing about the #enduro at jonkers. Lucky for me she didn't realize just how obsessed I ACTUALLY was.

IMO it's great to be focused on these "trivial" things. Way better than focusing on the super 15 (or whatever the number is now) points board.

My other half called me obsessed for the 2nd time in our relationship yesterday. The first time was when I was obsessing about the #enduro at jonkers. Lucky for me she didn't realize just how obsessed I ACTUALLY was.

IMO it's great to be focused on these "trivial" things. Way better than focusing on the super 15 (or whatever the number is now) points board.

Yeah... Exactly!

(Is that a rugby reference?)  :ph34r:

I've been obsessed with ultra running including "The Barkley Marathons" ( 

) for 4 or 5 years now. 

Anything that pushes the human limits .... love this stuff !!! :)  .. think I've watched every single video on the Barkley ... :D  :D ... and anything else that includes the "ultra" in the title .....