ScottCM

Trish Eksteen, lady from Durbs, just set the womans world record for consecutive half marathons run - 75 halfs in 75 days!

Looks like shes aiming for 100.

100 done! wow

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if they're available in SA (and I haven't got one myself) but it seems HydraPak have a larger opening.

I bought some Hydrapak 500ml flasks with a large opening online about a year ago. But I can't seem to find them at any online shops at the moment.

Anyone know where I can get a soft flask (500ml) with a larger opening? I know Salomon has one (but no online stores have stock that I can see).

Any other brands you know of?

I have the First Ascent ones and they are perfect except the openings are small and I want larger ones for a race I'm doing in December. I'll have to remix my powered mix at an aid station and the larger opening would make this easier.

Ultimate Direction makes great flasks with a wider mouth. Easy to fill with sachets of powder, although you still have some spillage. Would definitely recommend  :thumbup:

Raidlight soft flasks have massive openings, but I absolutely hate the thread. Got like 4 lying in the back of the cupboard, as I can't get them to seal first try. 

Ultimate Direction makes great flasks with a wider mouth. Easy to fill with sachets of powder, although you still have some spillage. Would definitely recommend  :thumbup:

Raidlight soft flasks have massive openings, but I absolutely hate the thread. Got like 4 lying in the back of the cupboard, as I can't get them to seal first try. 

Thanks. Found 1 UD one left on TrailShed.co.za but its R300 + R100 delivery. I just can't wrap my head around that.

They also have 1 Hydrapak left that also looks like it has a larger opening but that one is R495!!!!

At those prices I'll carry an empty normal bottle in my pack, use that to mix, and just squirt the mix into my soft bottles. (or just mess powder and live with it)

Thanks. Found 1 UD one left on TrailShed.co.za but its R300 + R100 delivery. I just can't wrap my head around that.

They also have 1 Hydrapak left that also looks like it has a larger opening but that one is R495!!!!

At those prices I'll carry an empty normal bottle in my pack, use that to mix, and just squirt the mix into my soft bottles. (or just mess powder and live with it)

Little bit better price, and you can chuck in some other essentials and get free shipping..?

https://www.takealot.com/aonijie-quick-stow-500ml-soft-flask/PLID70583833

You can always put your drink powder into small ziploc bags, then at the aid station you bite/tear a small corner off the ziploc so it is easy to pour into the small neck soft flasks...

You can always put your drink powder into small ziploc bags, then at the aid station you bite/tear a small corner off the ziploc so it is easy to pour into the small neck soft flasks...

I think that will most likely be the plan

Unreal Night

2 incredible World Records broken  - both over a decade old

Ladies 5000m - 14:06:65 (14:11:15)

Mens 10000m - 26:11:00 (26:17:53)

and both by a big margin

Edited by Stretch

The Wavelight technology is very cool. It must be an immense help to have such a reliable pacing tool for chasing a World Record/PB.

Correctly pacing your run is one of the key techniques in achieving good running results.

NOOOOO. I've just placed an order and had to pay delivery because it was under R450  :thumbdown:

I should have gone through their sports stuff properly

I see you already committed. Here is a size comparison for interest sake.

post-124764-0-80277100-1602139600_thumb.png

I see you already committed. Here is a size comparison for interest sake.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Awesome thank you. Looks like the UD ones are in the sweetspot.

Really appreciate effort of a comparison.