ScottCM

Tomorrow there is a Hoka sponsored 100km record attempt run happening. One run is in Arizona, the other Japan so I assume its on a track.

Jim Walmsley, Jared Hazen, Hayden Hawks, Patrick Reagen, Sage Canady, Camille Herron (although she's already backing away) and thirty something other people will be running.

Its free to watch on their website.

https://www.hokaoneone.eu/de/de/project-carbon-x2.html?cpath=project-carbon-x2.html

Was just wondering last night when that was happening.. You saved me a Google

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9am Eastern Time... so... 4pm (I think)

Carla is running and going for the UK & EU women's record. 

She is in really good form at the moment and running really well after LEJOG, I have done a few long speed endurance sessions with her over the last few months. Expect her to go well on the run.

JW is going for the record for sure.

Carla is running and going for the UK & EU women's record. 

She is in really good form at the moment and running really well after LEJOG, I have done a few long speed endurance sessions with her over the last few months. Expect her to go well on the run.

JW is going for the record for sure.

I had to double-take where you live. (I always assume people here are in SA)

Thats awesome, ja she got the record. Likes a long run that one.

I had to double-take where you live. (I always assume people here are in SA)

Thats awesome, ja she got the record. Likes a long run that one.

Recently moved over. 

That was incredible, Jim is a proper freak, I mean what can you even say about 12 secs, that's spectacular. the most amazing thing for me were his splits - the entire 100kms he remained within 3:40 and 3:42 a km. Staggering...

Edgar your champ did well, shame it just so happened I switched on to check in at 5 hours just as she was being passed by the flying Tanguy.

Cool event.

I have a question regarding running clubs. We are in process of relocating to Oudtshoorn, what running clubs are available in the area? We are currently part of a awesome, sociable club. Who else are staying in Oudtshoorn, and what is the road running scene like?

I have a question regarding running clubs. We are in process of relocating to Oudtshoorn, what running clubs are available in the area? We are currently part of a awesome, sociable club. Who else are staying in Oudtshoorn, and what is the road running scene like?

Short of someone coming with a real life useful answer... The Cango Marathon (I just checked) is in Feb, one: I've heard amazing things about it, two: go lurk around IF (big if) it goes ahead and I'm sure you can spy some club gazebos etc

That was incredible, Jim is a proper freak, I mean what can you even say about 12 secs, that's spectacular. the most amazing thing for me were his splits - the entire 100kms he remained within 3:40 and 3:42 a km. Staggering...

Edgar your champ did well, shame it just so happened I switched on to check in at 5 hours just as she was being passed by the flying Tanguy.

Cool event.

As she has said, she went there for something and went all out for it. Didn't have it on the day and that's something i respect

Short of someone coming with a real life useful answer... The Cango Marathon (I just checked) is in Feb, one: I've heard amazing things about it, two: go lurk around IF (big if) it goes ahead and I'm sure you can spy some club gazebos etc

I can vouch for Cango marathon, great race and good organization. Probably get hold of the organiser and check with them. Also George has a good few options.

Has anyone here entered one of the Backyard Ultras

First one is at Van Gaalens in 3 weeks

Nope, but I want to go check it out and I am scheming for the one in November (I think it is).

I did my first Cango Marathon last year (end of Feb). I enjoyed it and it is absolutely beautiful. The people are friendly and it is nothing like Gauteng marathons with 5000+ runners. I can highly recommend it. 

In George there is the Outeniqua Harriers running club. I think they are probably the biggest running club in the George/ Oudshoorn area. 

I still have the Knysna Forest Marathon on my bucket list. I see they are advertising it for the 10th of Jul 2021...

I can vouch for Cango marathon, great race and good organization. Probably get hold of the organiser and check with them. Also George has a good few options.

A newer race more or less around the same time is the Hemel en Aarde Marathon organized by oom Wietse in conjunction with the Caledon Athletics Club. Cango is definitely easier but I enjoyed Hemel and Aarde more.