ScottCM

I was looking at vests last year and was also really keen on the Inov-8.

I tried one on at Trailbusters (PE), and didn't like the feel of it. The videos and reviews seemed awesome, but it just wasn't me.

Then I tried the Ultimate Direction Mountain Vest (4.0 I think), and it felt right, and seemed more user-friendly.

In the end, I didn't buy either as I was gifted with a Salomon vest, from one of the members here, and I haven't looked back. What an awesome piece of kit! I still discover new pockets and ways to use it. And you can fit so much in! Or just a water bottle and a snack.

It is an XL, and I have a small frame, but even almost empty I find it comfortable to wear.

Mountain Vest on special: https://www.runstore.co.za/ultimate-direction-mountain-vest-4-0/

Size small only though.

If you're on a budget

https://www.decathlon.co.za/p/8555362_10-l-trail-running-bag-unisex-blue-black.html

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question - What would you expect the lifespan to be of the Nike ZoomFly Flyknits?

My mrs runs in these and she is currently sitting on 450km.

When would be a good time to replace?

I have 3 Pairs of these ZF2 FK that I rotate, all on about 800kms now but getting near the end of life.

I forefoot strike so I can start to almost see the plate coming through at one point now

Best Training shoe Nike have ever made IMHO, was so Pissed when they stopped selling them. The new ZF3 is not on the same level. I'm 500kms into a pair and still cant find the same comfort levels as the ZF2. and they hurt my Achilles.

If I could find old ZF2 FK anywhere id stock up again.. so let me know if anyone knows a Rabbit hole I haven't checked.

I have 3 Pairs of these ZF2 FK that I rotate, all on about 800kms now but getting near the end of life.

I forefoot strike so I can start to almost see the plate coming through at one point now

Best Training shoe Nike have ever made IMHO, was so Pissed when they stopped selling them. The new ZF3 is not on the same level. I'm 500kms into a pair and still cant find the same comfort levels as the ZF2. and they hurt my Achilles.

If I could find old ZF2 FK anywhere id stock up again.. so let me know if anyone knows a Rabbit hole I haven't checked.

buy on StockX.

Been using mine for over a year. Love it! No issues. Grab some of the soft flasks when they have them in stock - they always sell out quickly, not easy to get (and they're the right shape for the pack). I use mine with the 1L bladder and sometimes with a 2L. And 2x First Ascent soft flasks because I can't find one of my Kalenji soft flasks :( and I carry a collapsible mug in front

Good video on packing it:

Thanks , had a look. Some super deals.

By the time we pay Vat (15%) and all the import duties(40%) into SA on delivery its no longer that good of a deal.

sure. Makes sense.

For me it’s more about getting my hands on discontinued models.

Bit the bullet today and ordered the Inov-8 vest. It was a close call between the UD mountainvest and this one! I believe it will arrive by Wednesday (hopefully). I'll write a short review after some proper test runs. Thanks for the all input????

Question - What would you expect the lifespan to be of the Nike ZoomFly Flyknits?

I am on my third pair of Zoomflys and average about 650-700km on a pair

Bit the bullet today and ordered the Inov-8 vest. It was a close call between the UD mountainvest and this one! I believe it will arrive by Wednesday (hopefully). I'll write a short review after some proper test runs. Thanks for the all input

Schwwweeeet! 

Have a pair and pushed them probably way too far but still find the flyknit super comfortable.

Sitting at 2007km in the Flyknits. I know I know. Not ideal at all but had to cut back on running shoe spend in a big way in 2020 so have run too many miles in all my shoes.

Can't really compare the Zoom Fly 3's (which I also have) with the Zoom Fly Flyknits at all. Just not the same.

I really need to find another pair of flyknits but not too easy.

These are also my favourite training shoes Nike has ever made. My current ones are on 850km - they still feel alright although they not as comfortable or as springy as they once were, I reckon I’ll squeeze another couple hundred km out of them. I picked them up from the Nike Factory store for R800. Whenever I’m near the store I pop in and look for a pair, unfortunately I haven’t seen anything for over a year. Edited by GrantMcD1

Tomorrow there is a Hoka sponsored 100km record attempt run happening. One run is in Arizona, the other Japan so I assume its on a track.

Jim Walmsley, Jared Hazen, Hayden Hawks, Patrick Reagen, Sage Canady, Camille Herron (although she's already backing away) and thirty something other people will be running.

Its free to watch on their website.

https://www.hokaoneone.eu/de/de/project-carbon-x2.html?cpath=project-carbon-x2.html

Tomorrow there is a Hoka sponsored 100km record attempt run happening. One run is in Arizona, the other Japan so I assume its on a track.

Jim Walmsley, Jared Hazen, Hayden Hawks, Patrick Reagen, Sage Canady, Camille Herron (although she's already backing away) and thirty something other people will be running.

Its free to watch on their website.

https://www.hokaoneone.eu/de/de/project-carbon-x2.html?cpath=project-carbon-x2.html

What time does it start?