ScottCM

I did the MTN21 on Saturday along with a few thousand other nutters who braved the 4 degs start.... very cold on the hands for the first 8kms (knew should have worn the gloves), after that was a nice lekker training run :)

Long cycle on the Sunday and now a taper week before IM70.3 in Durbs this weekend !!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who's going for the #MyMile attempt on Strava before the end of June?

stand in line to win a wiggle voucher for you and ten of your followers.

I am putting my hand up...hopefully legs will be ready for it on Saturday

I only got back from Durbs on Saturday, good grief it is cold here in JHB!!

I am really looking forward getting on my bike.

One of my "non-Comrades" buddies cycled in the Cradle this weekend, he says it is just too cold. I guess it is indoor trainer time... 

Good luck to all the 70.3 guys, happy tapering week! Stay healthy and rest!

who's going for the #MyMile attempt on Strava before the end of June?

stand in line to win a wiggle voucher for you and ten of your followers.

I am putting my hand up...hopefully legs will be ready for it on Saturday

Definitely in for this, I'm going to the track next week to gun it.

shall we have a little mile competition internally...see who can get the fastest mile  :whistling:  ^_^

reckon mu legs wont be able to push out my fastest possible time yet (already making excuses)

Can we get Nike to spend millions to design me special shoes and pay scientists, physios, dieticians etc. to see how fast they can get my legs moving after Comrades?

Legs and body are feeling fine, just need some motivation to sprint for a mile.

I will be bottom 5%, so no thanks. I will just amble along my runs as per usual. 

Question for the seasoned runners here. Do you find that your HR is a bit high after being sick for a while? My HR is still high. About 10 to 15bpm higher than normal whilst doing my LSD pace. 

Edited by EmJayZA

Sounds good! I'm in. Should be a mid packer in the internal comp!

Obvious that we should only do this on a flat section and not somewhere with major downhill assistance.

I will be bottom 5%, so no thanks. I will just amble along my runs as per usual. 

Question for the seasoned runners here. Do you find that your HR is a bit high after being sick for a while? My HR is still high. About 10 to 15bpm higher than normal whilst doing my LSD pace. 

Come on do it! Log your 5% bottom. In the end you're actually racing yourself more than anyone else here. Get your marker in so we can see how much you improve when something like this next rolls around! That's when the real bragging rights start!

Yep elevated heart rate shows your body as being active with tackling something. Do the neck test. If you feel miff above, you're still okish to do something light. If it's below the neck with particularly muscle aches, then rest and recovery only!

(Wait till you feel better closer to the end of the month before you tackle the mile challenge...)

Edited by Tubehunter

shall we have a little mile competition internally...see who can get the fastest mile  :whistling:  ^_^

reckon mu legs wont be able to push out my fastest possible time yet (already making excuses)

Rather than fastest mile get guys to post current mile PR and see who improves by greatest %.

I see blind runner Richard Monisi was killed in a hit and run incident in Joburg...very sad news...we are basically killing off the rainbow nation 1 person at a time