ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That just sucks.... MM Stadium hasn't got the Atmosphere as Kingsmead... Well. I guess you still have to run it. Change is as good as a holiday. Just hope it will be better than this year.

https://www.ecr.co.za/news/sport/2018-comrades-finish-moses-mabhida-stadium/

The Comrades Marathon Association confirmed the change on Wednesday – while also confirming that the distance of the down run would stay the same despite the venue change of the finish.

Runners will most likely run up 45th Cutting and onto Sparks and Randles Road through Berea and Morningside.

I see a lot of steps...  :cursing: :devil:

https://www.ecr.co.za/news/sport/2018-comrades-finish-moses-mabhida-stadium/

The Comrades Marathon Association confirmed the change on Wednesday – while also confirming that the distance of the down run would stay the same despite the venue change of the finish.

Runners will most likely run up 45th Cutting and onto Sparks and Randles Road through Berea and Morningside.

I see a lot of steps...  :cursing: :devil:

That will be worse than ever before, its constantly up and down on tired legs. more scenic through the houses of morningside (Compared to the highway and through town) which could create a better vibe and carry people home but its going to hurt

Imagine they made us run over that little metal bridge like the miway durbs tri just before getting to the stadium. 

There would just be piles of bodies. 

I was definitely going to give my first Comrades a go next year, but the piriformus muscle niggle I have is not clearing up fast enough to give me confidence to commit.

What is realistically the latest a novice could start preparing?

I was definitely going to give my first Comrades a go next year, but the piriformus muscle niggle I have is not clearing up fast enough to give me confidence to commit.

What is realistically the latest a novice could start preparing?

you have done some base work..so now start upping the mileage slowly..from now till december you can run 4 times a week and then after the new years hangover start 5 days a week upping to 6 by feb

Has any of you guys ever run a trail run with the versus Cycling Socks?. It feel so comfortable. Thinking of using a pair for Mount Aux. My other socks are wymay to thin.

I think an extra 2,5km on comrades distance is nothing really, you have gone that far what's an extra 2,5km. 

Lexx- if you comfy, use them, I have run in everything from trailseeker red socks, to work socks(the ones labelled mon-fri), to falke and salomon and my personal favourite- Warrior race socks which can't get anymore...

Has any of you guys ever run a trail run with the versus Cycling Socks?. It feel so comfortable. Thinking of using a pair for Mount Aux. My other socks are wymay to thin.

Has any of you guys ever run a trail run with the versus Cycling Socks?. It feel so comfortable. Thinking of using a pair for Mount Aux. My other socks are wymay to thi

Just pack a spare set of FALKE socks to change out if they do not work.  Running without socks sucks.........

I think an extra 2,5km on comrades distance is nothing really, you have gone that far what's an extra 2,5km. 

not about the distance..its about the time

mate of mine has a 9:25 down for 2016..his aim for next year was to knock that 25min off...if it is 2.5km longer that 25 min suddenly becomes 40 min.....massive difference..

not about the distance..its about the time

mate of mine has a 9:25 down for 2016..his aim for next year was to knock that 25min off...if it is 2.5km longer that 25 min suddenly becomes 40 min.....massive difference..

Ya fair enough, but it the end you need to say new course, new goals and work from there...

On social media you may have seen recently there have been a few groups who have broken the 9 peaks challenge record. 9 highest peaks in each province.

But in my opinion as soon as they moved the provincial boundary a few years back and now 2 peaks are in the same province, then you have to say new route, new peak for that province and now people need to set the records again, all the old records were for the old set of peaks and will stand as the old set of records.

Same with Comrades, new route, set your old time aside as an old route record and start working at new route records...