ScottCM

Hopefully this Achilles niggle is sorted and I can back to running this weekend.

To answer the aims question... I plan to do sub-4 Cape Town - hopefully a bit more sub-4 than last year. :ph34r:  Just hoping like crazy that I don't trap myself going out too fast.

Then I aim to survive Trail du Mont Rochelle.

Then there'll be some stuff inbetween - just stay injury free.

Oceans... hmmm... I ran my first last year and was very happy. Maybe a bit faster (and therein lies the problem!) this year. 

And then I am hoping for African-X as well. 

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling sad because I can't enter.... But I will come back fighting fit for 2019 (and another up run..curses!)

Andrew.. Im a cap person.. But if you gonna do peak then so them elasticated so you don't need to adjust

:eek: That's allot per week. But hey, i'm not judging :whistling:

How the hell did I manage to get a 2015 post... Glitch!!!

Lol... Thatc was corrected at the time to.... Per month!

Knee / ITB , no idea, one day it hurts walking up the stairs and then the next day like last night i was able to slow jog 4.7km without pain. i'm confused to say the least.

Entered Soweto back in June so will see how the leg handles itself, else will do the HM or 10km if the legs isn't ready, else if its totalled i will still be there helping out at the club gazebo. 

Sorry to hear that, Scott. My wife has been going through similar issues, just popped up completely out of the blue. Extremely frustrating, it's like living with a smoker who's just quit. Hopefully it comes right for you soon, man. If you can get in a few long runs towards the end of September you should be good to go, though.

Thats exactly the plan, just debating doing it with the velcro's at the back or through using an elastic.

I haven't worn an elastic version before but I did like the look of the NB ones at the Comrades.

Feeling sad because I can't enter.... But I will come back fighting fit for 2019 (and another up run..curses!)

Andrew.. Im a cap person.. But if you gonna do peak then so them elasticated so you don't need to adjust

I must have missed something, Stretch. What happened to you?

Perfectly on cue, having just entered Comrades, I seem to have an injury... just got back from the doc and I have a muscle tear in my lower abdomen apparently. I actually thought it was bladder infection or the like, hence the GP visit, but he's pointed out otherwise.

Problem is, he suggests physio is required, but I can't see how it can help considering the location, and to boot med savings completely klapped... so do I dip into the credit card or just take it very easy on the road and hope it comes right?

Don't particularly feel like spending another R600 today, but I guess I know that's what I should do  :blush: 

Maybe these couch dwellers are on to something?

Sorry to hear, Andrew. Did he give a reason for it? There's an excellent Physio in Linden called Mariska Van Der Merwe (+27 11 888 3018), she's really good with running injuries and not too far from your office (she's in 5th Street Linden). She'll at least be able to confirm the injury for you and give you a rehab plan. I like her because she's one of those physios that tries to avoid you having to come back rather than the kind that schedules you for a weekly visit over the next few months.

Hehe... i was running earlier and thought that i must tell Andrew to make them adjustable and not elastic.... once size fits all never works on me. I often adjust my cap depending on environment (how hot / cold / wet it is) 

So all the dot watchers ready for UTMB starting later...

I see mr Walmsley is doing what he does best. All out, spectacularly record or blow up, nothing average...

I haven't worn an elastic version before but I did like the look of the NB ones at the Comrades.

I have a NB one I bought at the Expo. Used it for the race as well. Its so comfortable. Love mine

It feels like its never ending???? After struggling the whole year with injuries and niggles I finally got to a point where I can slowly start building on a Comrades program. Yesterday I did an unplanned half marathon, felt really well and ran a pb. So feeling positive I downloaded the Parry BR program with the intention to commit from the coming week. Well...

This morning I played with the dog in the garden, tripped over him and planted my big toe on a concrete slab. 8 stitches and both muscles severed.

Edited by Mudsimus

It feels like its never ending???? After struggling the whole year with injuries and niggles I finally got to a point where I can slowly start building on a Comrades program. Yesterday I did an unplanned half marathon, felt really well and ran a pb. So feeling positive I downloaded the Parry BR program with the intention to commit from the coming week. Well...

This morning I played with the dog in the garden, tripped over him and planted my big toe on a concrete slab. 8 stitches and both muscles severed.

EINA! Heal up man.

Eina bliksem that looks hectic

Take care, you still have time on your side for comrades

Guys and girls, we're busy developing running caps for Anatomic to offer to clubs and corporates... we're looking at doing both a full cap and a peak, but just out of interest, which do you guys prefer?

Cap and peak = I use cap for running when the sun is high, peak for early morning work

Would be cool if the numbers allowed both

:thumbup: